24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-10 20:49:04

J_A
Administrator
Website

Other things you dig

If you're here, you're probably at least a bit into 24, but since the world consists of so much more & we could discuss so many other things, why don't you tell us:

What are your other interests?

Mine are many, including writing, science, music and languages. I'm currently learning Swedish at the uni, having finally found a course there smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2007-04-12 09:45:37

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Other things you dig

Other interests?!? ... you mean some of you don't simply sit in a dark room rewatching '24' constantly?? ......... really? ....... oh yeah, me neither.

Ok, honestly, i'm currently in my second year studying for a degree in graphic design: new media. So that takes up a fare amount of my time, and alot of my free time is spent on similar pursuits such as the main site 24fans.com as well as some other graphicky stuff I do just for fun.

Also a liverpool fan, following as closely as I can without being able to go to any games due to the normal student financial situation.

Watch too much tv as well, including the west wing, battlestar galactica, lost etc.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-12 18:26:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Other interests?!? ... you mean some of you don't simply sit in a dark room rewatching '24' constantly?? ......... really? ....... oh yeah, me neither.

lol

well, guess what? my new hobby is about to become linux... as soon as the installation works. lol. the laptop is widescreen and the ubuntu version had problems recognizing it. so as soon as I've sorted that one out, I'll be busy trying to figure out how to use it big_smile. should be fun and keep me busy for a while wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-04-13 13:55:51

Nero

Music primarily for me, but I do love my games every now and then tongue

Alot of my time goes primarily into my music, writing, and study at the moment so, not much of a life other than that sadly.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#5 2007-04-14 22:57:07

24nut
Website

Music, very much into rock music, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Foo Fighters, Queen and all the usual great rock bands.

My other pasion is playing guitar, influences are hendrix, Slash, Bumblefoot, Buckethead and Izzy Stradlin.

I am also into computers, ill soon be going to Uni and studying for a honours degree in computing, im not really into computers as much as i was, but i enjoy using Photoshop and building computers.

And when im not watching 24 and im not listening to music, i like to be with my friends, go out for drinks and have a good time.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-04-14 22:58:32)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#6 2007-04-15 12:10:31

Nero

I play guitar too 24nut, but my influences are very different but thats because I tend to listen to different styles of music. Primarily I listen too Alternative Metal, very melodic music that does an excellent contrast between heavy and soft. Also ambient and experimental. The thing I love about ambient is it's very different from normal music, most people generally hear the term ambient and think techno type stuff which it isn't. Ambient incoperates very experimental techniques into the way the music is structured and written and also loosely incoperates multiple styles of music. Mono for example are entirely instrumental ambient, driven by guitar, keyboard, bass, drums, violin and at times even a full ochestra. Usually the music starts out soft and then builds up in both complexity and "heavyness".

From the Ambient genre I listen to Mono, World's End Girlfriend, Explosions in the Sky and Gaslamp Quarter.

From the Alt Metal, Deftones and Team Sleep, which is more dreamy and melodic then Deftones but is led by Deftones vocalist Chino.

Though thats not all, I listen to Trivium, Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine, Iron Maiden (which J_A loves tongue) and a vast majority of other stuff, but primarily it's just the Ambient genere at the moment, which tends to be entirely instrumental, appart from Gaslamp Quarter.

hehe, sorry about the rant there tongue

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

#7 2007-04-15 17:12:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

lol. what rant tongue

yeah you're right, Iron Maiden have been cool for decades smile. Luv 'em. they also rocked live last year, so glad I got to see 'em

tony.jpg

#8 2007-04-16 01:09:52

Nero

Yeah and you got to see Trivium with them! Very lucky lady J_A tongue

I missed Trivium when they were over here AND Deftones... sad

Though as soon as Mono decide to play over here I am seeing them for sure! They are brillaint live so I'm told anyway.

Formerly neromaguire

#9 2007-04-16 06:25:57

24nut
Website

deftones are great, do you have saturday night wrist?

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#10 2007-04-16 07:16:15

Nero

I sure do, I have all the Deftones albums!

Saturday Night Wrist is brillaint. Some of the Deftones best work, they generate a much different atmosphere to that off the earlier albums such as White Pony but they are amazing. Chino's vocals seem to get more hypnotic with each album.

IMO it's the best album and I love every song on it, but the ones that really stand out are Cherry Waves, Beware, Xereces, Combat and Kimdracula, at least for me anyway, but I still love the rest of the album.

White Pony is also fantastic, some great songs on that. I want a new Deftones album though! lol, I mean sure I already have all five but that's not the point tongue And what sucks is that I didn't get too see them when they were playing over here at the start of the year.

They play their last tonight in the UK and have an after party happening somewhere in Bristol.

Formerly neromaguire

#11 2007-04-17 11:17:17

deadmanmoz

What do i like to do, hmmmmmmmm, drink, lots of drinking :-)
I also play football, softball and other sports here and there.
Go to circuit training.
Play my xbox 360.
Watch movies and all sorts of sports on tv.
Lost, Greys Anatomy, Alias, king of Queens and Scrubs are my favourites on tv.

Im abotu to start golf lessons as well.

I have a list of things to do in 2007 so im working through them.

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#12 2007-04-18 19:10:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

golf lessons, mozz? what for? planning on starting a big golfing career over on the other sound of the ocean? wink big_smile

tony.jpg

#13 2007-04-19 11:48:49

deadmanmoz

Im the next tiger woods dont you know!
Okay maybe more happy gilmore wink

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#14 2007-04-19 11:57:31

24nut
Website

deadmanmoz wrote:

Im the next tiger woods dont you know!
Okay maybe more happy gilmore wink

happy gilmore is a great film!

#15 2007-04-20 19:25:25

J_A
Administrator
Website

hehe. haven't seen it. but hey, whatever makes ya happy big_smile

me, I guess my really biggest waste of time hobby is writing. but it's so damn addictive and rewarding that I keep right on doing it

tony.jpg

Board footer