You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-28 07:24:56

J_A
Administrator
Website

Season One, Eps 13-18

a spinoff thread for the discussion of the rewatch - eps 13 to 18 smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2007-07-02 21:37:58

smitten

Re: Season One, Eps 13-18

How does Kim manage it? How does she manage to get herself thrown from the car and survive the explosion, given she was wearing her seatbelt just moments before it went careering down the. hill?

Couple great moments I noticed tonight, watching the bungled attempt to plant a tracker on Alexis. The actress who plays Elizabeth Nash does a wonderful job of looking nervous-trying-to-look-relaxed just before walking into the room. The other is the conversation between Jack and Nina while waiting, watching the screens. Kiefer just makes it look so natural. What exactly do you say when you find out your wife knows you still work closely with the person you had an affair with? And the music in that scene is wonderful too - very sparse, just 2 themes dancing on the piano, very much like Jack and Nina dancing around each other. Then Alexis shows up, and they're both back on task, focussed, and the piano just dissolves.

#3 2007-07-05 19:01:50

M F Luder

Nevermind the idiotics of the amnesia plot...But ah, the point where Kim calls CTU and Tony answers smile. May be the first time he tries to help her, but not the last.....hehe. There's always been some kind of 'warmth' in the scenes between Carlos and Elisha. Even in this first one. It's nice to see that develop bit by bit, but that's enough of that for now. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here big_smile. The safe house was hit, so she didn't really trust anyone at CTU at that time, but she did at least tell him that it was hit and stuff.

At this point, the Palmer storyline seems a bit stale, although Haysbert does a really good job. Especially when Palmer gets angry, he really takes control of the whole scene with the presence and the intensity.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#4 2007-07-05 22:01:33

smitten

Just watched 5-6pm. George is just so good in this episode. In all those standoffs with Tony about whether to tell Jack about his family getting lost, however mad I get at George, there is a niggle that says 'that is exactly the decision Jack would make in his shoes'.

I get the feeling accents are not one of Kiefer's strong points. He could have faked an East European accent for the exchange (which could have gone sour for some other reason), but he didn't. Strange as he seems to be able to do just about anything else.

The other thing I find strange on watching this again, is with the amnesia plot. This Dr Parslow knows Teri has a teenage daughter, and as it's coming up for 6pm, surely he'd be wondering what she's doing after school, where she's having dinner, etc, and whether she might provide clues as to what happened to Teri. I understand Phil suspects Jack of assaulting Teri (quite a reasonable suspicion) so doesn't want to contact him immediately, but I would have thought he'd show some concern or interest in Kim's whereabouts.

#5 2007-07-22 22:33:02

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Just seen these episodes, it really hit me how fluid the Palmer story was, it really flows nicely during these hours and never feels as if it's repeating itself or just treading water, but it also doesn't fall into the other common trap of being over ampped.

A quick admission that every with Teri and Kim during these hours really bores me now, it held some interest first time round, but i've seen these episodes so many times this stuff really drags. It's probably the one "spinning it's wheels" elements in the entire first season.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

Board footer