24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-15 15:54:52

24nut
Website

What's your favourite video game?

what's your favourite video game, mine would have to be mario, as i just love it!

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2007-04-15 17:46:16

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: What's your favourite video game?

Not sure if this would count, but Football Manager (formerly championship manager), play it with my brother pretty much nonstop when I go home.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-16 01:22:15

Nero

Hmm favourite game. I don't have an overal favourite but I have a few that tie for the place of my favourite game tongue

Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid and The Silent Hill Series.

Great games.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#4 2007-04-16 06:24:53

24nut
Website

i have to agree, final fantasy 7 is amazing, i only didn't choose it myself because with Mario i can pick it up and play anytime, where as when im playing final fantasy i can be their for hours, as their are 3 cd's.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2007-04-16 07:40:37

Nero

Hahaha yeah I know what you mean.

Replaying 8 at the moment because I finished my reply of 7 a little bit ago.

IMO Sephiroth from FF7 best villain ever, out of anything, he's just godly tongue.

I do love the Silent Hill games though. Survival Horror like Resident Evil but Silent Hill isn't just walk around killing. Killing is probably the worst damn thing to do in an SH game because you generally get killed in the proccess. They deal alot with the occult and the human mind and psychology which I really love, and the multiple endings and plot twists are what make it great.

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#6 2007-04-17 11:12:18

deadmanmoz

Dan im with ya! Championship Manager rules like nothing else!

Also Mario Kart from back in the day.

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#7 2007-04-17 11:23:43

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, although it's Football Manager that rules now (same game, different name)

#8 2007-04-17 14:41:52

deadmanmoz

True true.

although it will always be considered as simple "Champ" to me :-)

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#9 2007-04-17 15:21:30

hardy24
Administrator
Website

It's simply "manager" to me and my brother, aparently we just dont have enough time to say the full name.

#10 2007-04-18 09:36:45

deadmanmoz

Thats exactly why me and my friends say "Champ" cant be arsed using the full name!
Now thats the height of laziness!

Dan, did you hear about the guy who won the premiership with halifax after yearly promotions from the lower divisions. When Mclaren moved to the England job this guy actually applied for the middleborough job listing all his achievements on championship manger with the Halifax winning the premiership achievement at the top of his list! Apparantly the Boro chairman wrote back to him, the letter was on the internet, saying that they thought this guy was too good for the Boro job and they couldnt employ him because they'd only end up losing him quickly to a much bigger european club!
BRILLIANT!!!

#11 2007-04-18 09:46:05

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, I heard something about it. Wasnt sure of all the details.

#12 2007-04-18 15:30:10

deadmanmoz

Bless him, he honestly believed his championship manager stats would count for something in the real world!

#13 2007-04-18 15:36:09

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah it does sound crazy, though if there is one game which might have some impact upon it's real world equivalent like that, then I reckon it might be Manager.

And plus look at what qualifications the man middlesborough did appoint had, a) he'd played for the club for a long time (by premiership standards) b) he'd passed his badges.

Maybe i'm making this up, but i'm sure i've heard stories about Lower League clubs using stats in the game as a basis for scouting certain young players.

#14 2007-04-18 16:01:03

24nut
Website

did that seriously happen, thats great, he actually thought that would count.

#15 2007-04-19 11:50:15

deadmanmoz

hardy24 wrote:

Maybe i'm making this up, but i'm sure i've heard stories about Lower League clubs using stats in the game as a basis for scouting certain young players.

That wouldnt suprise me at all!
Certainly cheaper than hiring loads of scouts

#16 2007-04-19 12:14:25

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, almost as funny as Sunderland a little while back signing a striker on name recognition only, as they'd heard about him scoring loads of goals in italy. As had the fans  so they were getting really excited, a quarter of the way into the season and the guy is a complete flop, couldn't buy a goal, it is later discovered they had signed a different player who happened to have the same name as the one they'd heard so much about.

#17 2008-02-15 12:28:09

Past Present Fortune

I don't have a single favurite game but I do have a bunch of games that easily rise above the rest in my opinion, these are them (below)...

*Any* "Mario" adventure game
*Any* "Halo" game
*Any* "Dead or Alive" game
*Any* "Ninja Gaiden" game

#18 2008-09-19 23:58:54

ChloeFan817

My favorite games are the Metal Gear games they are really well written and complex, also the gameplay is very good.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#19 2008-11-04 03:29:59

carlyse_09
Website

When it comes  to games i  just borrowed my brothers psp.I use to play different games there..Its fun tolearn techniques on how to win the game.

Last edited by carlyse_09 (2008-11-18 00:58:20)

Board footer