You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-19 20:52:48

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Fox Announcement - Big Spoiler

You sure you want to read?????

really sure?

[spoiler]TONY ISN'T DEAD!!!!!!!!!, 100% SURE.

Following is from a Fox Press Release,

"With CTU dismantled, the show's setting moves to Washington, D.C., where Jack Bauer faces trial for his actions in the pursuit of justice.  Bauer's day gets off to a shocking start when former colleague Tony Almeida (played by Carlos Bernard), last seen in Day 5, returns after being left for dead by a terrorist conspirator in CTU's infirmary."

We've been hearing these rumblings for a while, but I've never really been sure about it, but now that I know for sure, i've got a huge smile on my face and i'm bouncing off the walls, thats just my natural reaction, don't care how they do it.[/spoiler]

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2007-09-20 01:39:57

Steveb

Re: Fox Announcement - Big Spoiler

There's only one thing I can say to this: Woohoo!!!

I know some people will be annoyed about this, because it suggests they are going back on themselves and trying to undo "mistakes" of the past, but I think providing the storyline makes sense- in that inemitable 24 style - I have absolutely no problems with it.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#3 2007-09-20 06:52:16

24nut
Website

Yes Yes Yes, Im So Happy!, Jack_Addict isn't going to like this tongue

I have no problems with it either, i just want the soul patch back!

Last edited by 24nut (2007-09-20 06:52:58)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2007-09-20 07:17:02

J_A
Administrator
Website

well I will say the following. if this is true, then my love of 24 might actually come back. I have a huge smile on my face as well big_smile.

I'll say I was annoyed for a long time when thinking about them bringing tony back from the dead but now that I've come to the point where I'm on detox somewhat and feeling my addiction for 24 wane big time, tony is the only thing that can bring me back. so, if it is true thank you FOX.

the only caveat I have here is DON'T KILL HIM AGAIN! if you do i'll burn the studios down  tongue

but MFL still isn't going to like it.

edit: the more I think of it again, the more that smile fades. if they bring him back in the beginning of the season what are his chances of surviving the end of it? *sigh*. that was the actual reason we didn't want him to come back. because there's only one way things can end. however, here i am hoping that they won't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice and that tony will actually live as long as 24 does. if he dies again, then let it be with jack in the end of the last ep of the last season. this also brings my hopes up that he will be in the movie and that again would be a reason to actually see the movie. which I wasn't really planning on doing otherwise

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#5 2007-09-20 07:36:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

suggests they are going back on themselves and trying to undo "mistakes" of the past,

I have no problem  undoing mistakes of the past as long as they don't repeat them. i.e. don't kill him again

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2007-09-20 08:24:36

hardy24
Administrator
Website

J_A, it's as 100% confirmed as you can get.

I'm very eager to hear from the producers more fully on this, as there is a quote going round from one of them saying "we didn't give him a silent clock, so we'd always left it as a possibility."

I honestly think Jack has more chance of dying in the coming season than Tony does.

Though a 24 movie with Jack and Tony would seriously rock.

J_A, if they kill him off again in S7 or if any future death isn't by way of some super courageous self less act then i'd join you in burning down the studios.

Now I really need a mug which is half cubs mug, with the other half saying "he just had the day off"

#7 2007-09-20 11:12:30

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I'm very eager to hear from the producers more fully on this, as there is a quote going round from one of them saying "we didn't give him a silent clock, so we'd always left it as a possibility."

that means I'll forgive them for it now!

hardy24 wrote:

I honestly think Jack has more chance of dying in the coming season than Tony does.

your word in the producers' ear big_smile

hardy24 wrote:

Though a 24 movie with Jack and Tony would seriously rock.

definitely!

hardy24 wrote:

J_A, if they kill him off again in S7 or if any future death isn't by way of some super courageous self less act then i'd join you in burning down the studios.

thank you! I hope it won't come to that

hardy24 wrote:

Now I really need a mug which is half cubs mug, with the other half saying "he just had the day off"

so do I! this is the only thing and the best thing that could happen. honestly, I was about to give up on it completely. now I might even actually rewatch season 6 when the time comes

hardy24 wrote:

J_A, it's as 100% confirmed as you can get

and by almeida, I am so excited about this!

we always said that

ALMEIDA IS GOD!

and you see, we were RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

tony.jpg

#8 2007-09-20 12:59:07

24nut
Website

When i went out today i had the biggest smile on my face, the Season 6 boxset comes out soon, Season 7 is just around the corner, and Soul Patch is coming back, or me to have tony and Jack back together is awesome, how cool would it be if the made this season incredibly gritty and it involved Jack and Tony equally, it would be awesome for them both to save the day rather than just Jack, not that Jack doesn' rock on his own, its just that this will be great.

I think this is pretty official as several sources have conirmed this. It adds up, first their was no silent clock, then Carlos wouldn't tell me at the London Excel wether Tony was dead or not, he just smiled, then their was the comment of "if your not burried on 24 then your not dead"

This is all very exciting, but best of all their are 2 characters returning, Almeida and the cubs mug. big_smile

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#9 2007-09-20 13:00:09

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I'm debating in my head whether of not this has broken big enough, that virtually everyone knows about it and that I can run a poll about it on the front page.

Apart from the obvious "what was your first reaction, happy, indifferent, confused, angry" I'm eager to see reaction to the following question ...

If Jack died, leaving Tony as the lead character, would you still watch?

#10 2007-09-20 13:05:16

24nut
Website

well i you want to spoil it and put it on the main page then you are going to get some people saying that you ruined something that is quite huge in the world of 24 and it might have been a really good suprise when the opener started.

On the other hand, this was inormation from a public Fox press release, so it is meant for you to know, its obvious that the tactics are to drive more people to watch when the know Tony is alive, maybe you could put a poll, but link it from a story on the main page, perhaps saying that i you haven't readthe press release or you dont want to then dont click here.

Its a tough one, because you have to cater for both spoiler and non spoiler fans.

#11 2007-09-20 13:59:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

I would advise against the poll. but for me, the answer to the question is YES. oh my Almeida, that would be awesome, tony as the lead character. he most deserves it!

it would be brilliant to involve both of them equally. i don't think they will, but boy would it be awesome! Almeida is God. I love Almeida. Almeida just might restore my faith in 24 wink big_smile

tony.jpg

#12 2007-09-20 14:43:16

24nut
Website

so you agree that a Jack and Tony tag team is what 24 needs, because i sure do. It would be awesome.

#13 2007-09-20 15:02:53

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

so you agree that a Jack and Tony tag team is what 24 needs, because i sure do. It would be awesome.

come on. is that a question? I was always of the opinion that 24 without tony just wasn't what it was supposed to be. jack just can't carry it alone. yes, i damn well agree.

but the wording of that press release is worrying me. they don't say he's returning as a regular. they don't say much actually. just that he's returning. in addition to the bouncing off the walls feeling that he's alive, there's a lot of fear that he'll just end up dead - again. i don't think i could deal with that.

if anyone wants the official text
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=37487

mfl just reminded me of another thing I couldn't deal with is if tony returns as the new saunders. one thing: the only way it could end is with him dead and second: not tony. no. I refuse that.
please don't do that. rather leave him dead.

tony.jpg

#14 2007-09-20 15:44:24

24nut
Website

true, i would hate for tony to be made a villain, but their was a spoiler for season 7 saying that someone who was good will be a villain in season 7. I hope that isn't true. So this press release is 100% confirmed?

btw, my keyboard has gone all weird and i forgot to add a question mark to my previous post tongue

Last edited by 24nut (2007-09-20 15:45:30)

#15 2007-09-20 16:16:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

24nut wrote:

there was a spoiler for season 7 saying that someone who was good will be a villain in season 7.

no. no no no no no no. tell me that is not going to be tony. please. i won't have that. they can't do that.

besides, it would be so out of character. I hope they know that. tony would never sacrifice innocents like saunders did. never. not even for revenge. unless he's been brainwashed. but not even then tongue
if they made him a baddie, the only way it could end is for jack to kill him. and that...... even though it's the only way i wanted tony to die BEFORE season 5, I think it wouldn't be worth bringing him back for that.

i hope it's not true. i hope it's not going to be tony. it's a spoiler and things can go either way. this can be misinformation

tony.jpg

#16 2007-09-20 18:21:47

hardy24
Administrator
Website

The press release that J_A linked to is 100% confirmed, they are the words of Fox Promotion. They might be leaving some bits out, but they wouldn't lie.

At this stage, I would take any "official" classification of what Tony's status in the cast would be with a pinch of salt if they did give one. Series One was was down as recurring, Series 4 again as a recurring, and then in Series 5 as a regular.

He might not end up being in every episode, but I'd expect him to play a big part in both the beginning and the end of the season.

#17 2007-09-20 18:33:46

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

He might not end up being in every episode, but I'd expect him to play a big part in both the beginning and the end of the season.

again, your words in their ears, dan.
I'm all for it. I don't care how implausible this is anymore. I've been craving new Almeida stuff so I'll take whatever they serve us. but as I said, with two restrictions:

don't make him a baddie
don't kill him again.

J_A out

tony.jpg

#18 2007-09-20 20:10:26

J_A
Administrator
Website

rotfl.

so I'd come across this site a few weeks back, it's called tony almeida - he's not dead. it's pretty much what dan said above - he's not dead, he just moved lol
and now with these news I was betting the site would have something to the exten of having been right all along and now I head over to that and look what it looks like

http://www.tonyalmeida-hesnotdead.com/

"Told ya so big_smile"

lol

the AIG (AlmeidaIsGod) homepage is also "back in play"

and I have to say, tony's resurrection does prove that Almeida Is God big_smile

I'm still bouncing off the walls. at least for today, I decided to be happy and worry about the possible bad bad consequences tomorrow wink

tony.jpg

#19 2007-09-22 18:57:41

J_A
Administrator
Website

hmm... I am back on the doubting side of things here. I mean, I really don't see how this can work. I was talking to someone who used to be a member of the old boards on msn and her reaction was,

"ok, I knew the writers are desperate but this is pushing it. this makes me wanna skip 24 and watch heroes instead.... they should stop the show while it still has some dignity.... that they didn't even get nominated for best drama in emmy should have been a clue."

now, those of you who've known me all these years know that I've been saying they should stop while it's still a good show and not let it do what they did to the x files, and they kept it running, running, running, but unfortunately it's not one of those duracell rabbits, is it wink. I wouldn't have wanted to watch seas 7, honestly. I know they're bringing tony back so they can get some of the audience back that they've lost when they first killed him, and yeah, I'll let them do that to me and watch it now, even though I fully know I'm playing their game. but they'd better be clever enough and not let tony have a stupid, marginal role they can write him out of the series any time they want again, or even get rid of him again. this is such a big step, something that lots of explaining will have to be done about, that it wouldn't be worth it just to bring him back for nothing. I'm rambling again. sorry.

I guess I just wanted to say, I'll watch it and tony is the only reason I'll do it. and I hope they don't knife me for keeping some faith here.

tony.jpg

#20 2007-09-22 20:14:37

24nut
Website

i think j_a that this is just one of those things that we have to watch and see how its played out, for all we know in 6 months time we will be thinking "that makes sense" or possibly "that was a mistake". Im not going to judge the decision until i see it played out.

#21 2007-09-22 20:41:20

J_A
Administrator
Website

I know, I know. I'm trying to, but it's just hard not to overanalyze at this point. it's just me.

tony.jpg

#22 2007-09-22 20:44:56

24nut
Website

Its not just you, we are all asking questions about the upcoming seasons, we have doubted the writers many a time before and i think they might pull through this time.

#23 2007-09-23 10:20:35

J_A
Administrator
Website

I hope so. the thing is, when I've doubted them, I was sometimes right. I don't want to say I was always right, but this time, I am really putting my hopes into them and I don't want tony to be brought back for nothing. one thing I'm trying to tune out is just how adamant they were about him being dead and how we should get the f**k over it already, and now they're playing us for fools. but I won't rant. simply cause this means more screen time for tony. but it'd better be good!

edit:
you know, this got me thinking again and I remembered the poll that we had up on the main site a few weeks back. 'what character would you like to see come back'. and tony clearly won that. so it looks like they (=the makers of the show) were indeed listening. they heard us bitching, they noticed how we never forgave them (well, some of us) for what they did, they saw the ratings drop, they saw fans jump off the boat and to other shows... so it looks like the resistance paid off and stuff like the poll actually might have helped. and dan, in retrospect, I'm sure you're not as annoyed like you thought you were when the vote for tony went through the roof wink

Last edited by jack_addict (2007-09-23 11:30:44)

tony.jpg

#24 2007-09-23 16:49:17

24nut
Website

i think it is obvious that the fans made the difference, im sure it wasn't their plan all along though to bring tony back.

#25 2007-09-23 21:11:41

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah it certainly wasn't their plan from the start, that's for sure. I think the silent clock thing was either an honest mistake or something they simply disregarded since tony seems to be disregarded by them mostly anyway, and then when we picked up on it and speculation arose they started to see their chance that hey maybe he isn't dead. although the images we saw painted a very clear picture.

tony.jpg

Board footer