24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-09-23 21:34:40

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Fox Announcement - Big Spoiler

I think the no silent clock falls into "honest mistake" or "clever planning".

Although "clever planning" would probably have seen more chaos and Jack pulled away to deal with some else while paramedics check Tony's situation.

Either way, I would love to know how rewrites they've had to do to get the "Jack sees Tony for first time" scene right, hopefully the rewrite count would be off the charts as they try to get it pitch perfect.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#27 2007-09-24 08:04:30

J_A
Administrator
Website

I hope so too. the whole plausibility will depend on that first moment they meet again

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#28 2007-09-24 16:16:04

deadmanmoz

Not sure if this is good news or not.

Im a MASSIVE Tony fan, always have been as you know and him dying did cause me to stop watching the show but i dont wanna see Tony without Michelle.
I dont wanna see him as a bad guy or die again

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#29 2007-09-24 18:44:06

24nut
Website

so will you watch to see what happens moz?

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#30 2007-09-24 20:38:08

J_A
Administrator
Website

mozz. I think this depends on how they handle it. personally, having tony as a bad guy would be a majorly bad move and I hope they know that. as for tony without michelle, I can handle it, cause of what tony will be. that being said, when they killed her in s5 and thought they had a good revenge storyline for tony, they didn't do a very good job of it, now, did they...

my doubts about this whole thing actually come from that mistrust I have (or rather the trust I don't have) in the writers. that they know what's the right thing. I hope they can prove to me that s5 was a mistake they've actually learned from big time.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#31 2007-09-24 22:10:55

Petal

Face it he's going to come back as a wreck, crying in his mug and get sectioned.

I wonder what reaction that will bring lol  wink

#32 2007-09-25 07:34:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

Petal wrote:

Face it he's going to come back as a wreck, crying in his mug and get sectioned.

I wonder what reaction that will bring lol  wink

oh you meanie!! you come back after all this time and insult the God? tongue
watch it, the wrath of the Almeida is upon thee tongue

tony.jpg

#33 2007-09-25 11:24:59

deadmanmoz

:-o
PETAL!!!! First off hi, how are ya?
BUT more importantly, how can you say that about Almeida? Now im crying into my mug!

24nut, im not sure if i'll watch it again.
I may give it a try to see him again but god help them if they ruin this!!!

JA, i cant handle Tony and no Michelle!! I still miss her :-(

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#34 2007-09-25 12:45:29

Steveb

They can't afford to ruin this. If they get it wrong the show is dead.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#35 2007-09-25 13:13:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

that thought and that thought only is what's keeping my optimism alive, even if it's not very high. you don't bring someone back from the dead just to kill them again. that would be a very bad move and hence indeed the death of the show.

because of that, i'm hoping all the other stuff that we're hearing, about how tony will be returning as a baddie is purposeful misinformation. i could deal with him being a ruin and not the tony we knew at the beginning of the season but then he'd have to develop like almeida's character always has. *that* I can deal with. but tony going down the same road as saunders and sacrificing innocents? no. I don't see that.

tony.jpg

#36 2007-09-25 16:52:49

24nut
Website

i think that they must know that the stakes are big and theirfore have a good storyline setup. Not that im saying that they definatly have a good one allready, just saying that if i were a writer at 24, i would know how much this would mean to the shows past and future.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-09-25 19:12:44)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#37 2007-09-25 20:44:52

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Absolutely, could not agree more

jack_addict wrote:

i could deal with him being a ruin and not the tony we knew at the beginning of the season but then he'd have to develop like almeida's character always has. *that* I can deal with. but tony going down the same road as saunders and sacrificing innocents? no. I don't see that.

Thinking logically about this, Jack and Tony aren't just going to bump into each other randomly, one would have to seek the other out, and since Jack thinks Tony is dead, that means Tony seeks Jack out, meaning Tony does at the very least have some purpose, some motivation which is driving him. That I think can only be a good thing. So thats were they will start, we'll see where it takes us.

#38 2007-09-26 11:45:38

Steveb

If as the rumours say Jack is on trail for past events, I wonder if Tony will be a special witness against him. That gives them great potential to play the two off against each other while then being able to bring them together again when the inevitable "on the same side again" twist occurs.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#39 2007-09-26 14:02:48

24nut
Website

Well we know that Jack is going to be "accountable" for his actions over the years, particulary in season 5 and 6, i think Tony is either going to be called to be a witness, maybe for Jack to say that he only did what was needed, or he could be the other side, but then what could have happened between seasons 5 and 7 for Tony to dislike and do that to Jack.

Lets face it, Tony is the closest thing Jack has to a friend, their hasn't been anyone else. Buchannon and Chloe are obviously close to Jack, but Tony especially.

Last edited by 24nut (2007-09-26 14:03:37)

#40 2007-09-26 15:29:14

J_A
Administrator
Website

agreed with all of ya, especially also with what 24nut said about the friend thing. that's why it would be unbelievable and impossible for me to accept if tony turned against jack.

tony.jpg

#41 2007-09-26 15:43:31

deadmanmoz

If Tony turned against Jack it would suck.

Although if he's bad he'll be bad towards America not Jack.

My worry is he'll return as a baddie, which means he hasnt seeked out Jack nor Jack seeked out him, they'll just get drawn together!

He wont be part of the trial, for that to happen someone would have to know he was alive not dead all this time and surely that word would of spread, to Buchanan or Jack or Audrey or Heller or someone.

#42 2007-09-26 17:44:04

J_A
Administrator
Website

deadmanmoz wrote:

He wont be part of the trial, for that to happen someone would have to know he was alive not dead all this time and surely that word would of spread, to Buchanan or Jack or Audrey or Heller or someone.

yeah I was goign to say that, too, but then had to type a rather quick msg at work... I do not for a moment think that tony will be part of jack's trial for the exact same reasons moz is stating here. plus, why would they call tony to testify? as a convicted traitor he doesn't exactly enjoy much credibility, unfortunately. I doubt it.

tony.jpg

#43 2007-09-26 17:44:29

hardy24
Administrator
Website

For me, if anything Tony and Jack would only get closer now that Tony had a "below the radar" experience. Let's face it, they've gone through a lot of the same stuff, albeit Tony lagged behind Jack for a while.

But basically they've both been chewed up and spat out by the same job, there's alot they could blame each other for, so any story like that of revenge/playing one off the other is a revolving circle that I don't think goes anywhere.

I'm going for quite simply, solid confidants (after Jack's got over his shock) who see each other as the only other person in the world who can fully understand what they've gone through, and that maybe with eachother's help they can put some of the pieces together.

They'll have to convince me of anything else.

#44 2007-09-26 18:20:11

J_A
Administrator
Website

rightly said dan. it is true, MFL and I have been discussing this a lot. even though jack and tony deal with their respective situations differently, tony being more emotion-driven and jack being able to put those same emotions aside better most of the time, they have both been through the wringer, and have indeed gone through everything the other has gone through. except that jack wasn't put in prison - yet. my first reaction to actually hearing about the trial jack's facing in s7 was, there we go, that's about the only thing that tony's been through and jack hasn't. now they're actually even. except I don't believe they'd put jack in jail (but then again, they did put him in chinese prison hell, so I guess you could say that while tony had the trial-jail sequence, jack had a jail-trial sequence, so they are even). was I rambling too much? i hope you get what i'm trying to say here

tony.jpg

#45 2007-09-26 18:55:11

24nut
Website

I for one would like either Jack to find Tony, or Tony find Jack, but we can kind of guess that Tony will appear by episode 4, they wouldn't have told us if it was a huge revelation at the end of the premiere. But i just hope that he isn't just sudenly their and we get a 20 second piece of dialogue that explains whats happened. We need to see them meeting again, i think we would all agree that thats the best way?

Last edited by 24nut (2007-09-26 18:58:13)

#46 2007-10-02 08:09:46

Petal

Has anyone thought that they may both go renegade, be the American Robin Hoods, but with guns, they could work together to rid America of terrorists  AHAHAHAAAAAA

#47 2007-10-02 18:34:23

J_A
Administrator
Website

Petal wrote:

Has anyone thought that they may both go renegade, be the American Robin Hoods, but with guns, they could work together to rid America of terrorists  AHAHAHAAAAAA

hehe, yes that would be awesome. but didn't they decide (unrightfully, imo) in season 5 that "that would have taken the focus away from jack" so they gave tony the pitiful death they did. or non-death as it now turns out

tony.jpg

#48 2007-10-03 11:20:22

deadmanmoz

Has anyone thought that maybe Tony wont be back back?
But rather appear on a video or an old unseen clip or something?
Its just something said by someone on IMDB that it hasnt been confirmed Tony is back as a major character back, just that he'd appear in episode 1

#49 2007-10-03 11:37:40

hardy24
Administrator
Website

No, i can't imagine this, they would not have made such a big deal about. Because if that is in fact the case, it would give them an avalanche of bad press right when they want and need stories about the reboot being a success.

If that was in fact what was going to happen, they would have been giving cryptic hints about a possible return of a beloved character, maybe a quick half second shot of him in a trailer.

#50 2007-10-03 11:44:15

J_A
Administrator
Website

yes, and also, Carlos wouldn't be appearing in the list of the main cast for season 7. (although, again, I do realize this means nothing. he *was* main cast in s5 and look what happened). but still, they never did flashbacks apart from the moment teri died, so I doubt it.

tony.jpg

Board footer