international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-15 23:35:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

new 24 magazine - spotlight on......

tony...

http://www.titanmagazines.com/app?service=external/Product&sp=l544&sp=Sen&sp=SUS

more almeida hype.

"He’s baaaack! And he’s all bad! Yes, now we know why Tony Almeida didn’t get the silent clock in season five when Christopher Henderson “killed” him. Now Jack Bauer has a brand new nemesis!"

now they're rubbing it in. 'haha, you idiots! thought he was dead! haha!' it's not even a slap in the face anymore. it's a stab in the heart.

seeing this, I am certain of my fears. the rumors, the prequel, and now the magazine... they're pumping things up so people care again and they can kill him for good. mad why couldn't they just leave him dead and buried? *goes to the corner to cry*. yes, you can tell me it's possible that all these are lies and they'll slap me back in the other cheek, come s7, and say, haha, he wasn't bad after all, but honestly.... what are the chances of that?.. they'll simply have jack kill him.

for the record, I was somewhat tempted to try to lay my hands on it, but.. I'm afraid and I'm not necessarily ecstatic about supporting their tony is evil course of action..

this is the last issue for this year, and goes on sale feb 12th (i.e. it's on sale now...). the mag will be back when 24 comes back..... and dan has just posted that it is now definitive that it will not be back before 2009.

is this really a smart move? pulling the plug on everything show-related for so many months and hoping that people will still remember, and care enough?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2008-02-16 15:06:35

Past Present Fortune

Re: new 24 magazine - spotlight on......

I'm pretty annoyed with the fact that it's definitely been delayed until January, 2009, oh well... the magazine looks cool, I might check it out, I have a few of the other issues.

#3 2008-02-16 16:30:16

M F Luder

Hmm,uhm, I know I haven't really commented on the issue for a few reasons, some of you know why. But this...I have to try and say something. This is gonna be long so bear with me, for this once.

Am I angry? No.Not anymore, more like weary now. Resigned. Back in S5 I was angry, I was livid for what they did to Tony and how they handled it. No silent clock, hardly even a mention afterwards, or so I hear ( I stopped watching after that ep, for those of you that don't know). Tony was, aside from Jack, the only person still alive who had been there from the beginning and in some ways having been through a lot more than Jack. At least when it came to the consequences and emotional baggage. And they practically toss him out. It was a slap in the face, adding an insult to the injury of killing him and Palmer and Michelle before that, pretty much with the same fate sad.

And then I hear of the S7 trailer and watch it. I kept telling myself it cannot be that. It cannot be as bad as it looks, they just want it to appear that way. After they told us stupid, clinging-to-hope fans, who have watched the show from the beginning to get over it,  that he is dead and buried, then they pull this. I wanted to believe that he has not truly gone over the way of Nina and Saunders, that he would not sacrifice the lives of innocents just to get his revenge. Apparently I was wrong, if this article that J_A mentioned holds true.

Wasn't it enough that they killed Tony once!? mad . Do they hope that some of us come back now as they bring him back??!! It's ratings and money, that's all they care about these days. They haven't cared what the fans think as long as the money flows in!:mad::mad:. As if Nina and Saunders weren't enough of agents gone bad. They should have let him just be dead, at least that would have been somewhat credible.

You already killed him once, goddamn it! Why do they twist the knife in the wound and now bring him back only to drag Tony and all he stood for through the mud. What on earth do they hope to accomplish by this, except dishonor him!

Every last shread of so called respect I had for the writers of 24 is utterly, totally gone. It's just about the money, screw everything else, be it credibility or loyalty. Or well, maybe I'm in the minority, if it's all about the explosions and action, not abbout the credibility of the plot or development of characters, don't know. Jack gets away scot-free, this Senate hearing will be nothing but a slap on the wrist as they need him again.

There's only one way it will end, Tony will die (again) one way or the other if he is bad. The bad guys never win and Jack always survives.

Time to chamber the last round and go wait in the corner for what happens.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#4 2008-02-16 20:54:05

Past Present Fortune

M F Luder wrote:

Hmm,uhm, I know I haven't really commented on the issue for a few reasons, some of you know why. But this...I have to try and say something. This is gonna be long so bear with me, for this once.

Am I angry? No.Not anymore, more like weary now. Resigned. Back in S5 I was angry, I was livid for what they did to Tony and how they handled it. No silent clock, hardly even a mention afterwards, or so I hear ( I stopped watching after that ep, for those of you that don't know). Tony was, aside from Jack, the only person still alive who had been there from the beginning and in some ways having been through a lot more than Jack. At least when it came to the consequences and emotional baggage. And they practically toss him out. It was a slap in the face, adding an insult to the injury of killing him and Palmer and Michelle before that, pretty much with the same fate sad.

And then I hear of the S7 trailer and watch it. I kept telling myself it cannot be that. It cannot be as bad as it looks, they just want it to appear that way. After they told us stupid, clinging-to-hope fans, who have watched the show from the beginning to get over it,  that he is dead and buried, then they pull this. I wanted to believe that he has not truly gone over the way of Nina and Saunders, that he would not sacrifice the lives of innocents just to get his revenge. Apparently I was wrong, if this article that J_A mentioned holds true.

Wasn't it enough that they killed Tony once!? mad . Do they hope that some of us come back now as they bring him back??!! It's ratings and money, that's all they care about these days. They haven't cared what the fans think as long as the money flows in!:mad::mad:. As if Nina and Saunders weren't enough of agents gone bad. They should have let him just be dead, at least that would have been somewhat credible.

You already killed him once, goddamn it! Why do they twist the knife in the wound and now bring him back only to drag Tony and all he stood for through the mud. What on earth do they hope to accomplish by this, except dishonor him!

Every last shread of so called respect I had for the writers of 24 is utterly, totally gone. It's just about the money, screw everything else, be it credibility or loyalty. Or well, maybe I'm in the minority, if it's all about the explosions and action, not abbout the credibility of the plot or development of characters, don't know. Jack gets away scot-free, this Senate hearing will be nothing but a slap on the wrist as they need him again.

There's only one way it will end, Tony will die (again) one way or the other if he is bad. The bad guys never win and Jack always survives.

Time to chamber the last round and go wait in the corner for what happens.

I really don't understand all of the complaints towards the writers bringing back Tony Almeida, everyone hated it when he was killed off and wanted him back but as soon as he is back everyone starts complaining.

Even though he appears to be a terrorist in the official season 7 trailer he may just be on some sort of undercover operation like Jack was in Mexico before season 3 but after season 2.

Simply put, I believe that bringing Tony back is a great idea and it will make season 7 one of the better seasons in my opinion.

#5 2008-02-17 12:49:07

M F Luder

I never wanted him back after s5, nor would have I wanted him there in the first place had I known what they will do to him. I just wished they would have handled his demise with a little more consideration and class that he deserved.

Tony was always the character that was the most lifelike in a way, closest to a "normal person", so to speak. He was put in situations that got you thinking "what would I do in that situation", since nothing could ever happen to Jack, that he would die. Whereas Tony was fair game.

I hope you're right about the undercover op, I really do,because if you aren't they have blown it. Bringing him back as a terrorist is undoing every single things they had him stand for in s1-5. He grew as a character and evolved each season, now they just undo that.

I cannot help but feel betrayed.

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#6 2008-02-17 13:31:19

J_A
Administrator
Website

Past Present Fortune wrote:

I really don't understand all of the complaints towards the writers bringing back Tony Almeida, everyone hated it when he was killed off and wanted him back but as soon as he is back everyone starts complaining.

Even though he appears to be a terrorist in the official season 7 trailer he may just be on some sort of undercover operation like Jack was in Mexico before season 3 but after season 2.

Simply put, I believe that bringing Tony back is a great idea and it will make season 7 one of the better seasons in my opinion.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you have not been there from the start. we have. we have a certain relationship to the character, we've loved, respected and cherished him for six years and like MFL rightly stated, he has been the human touch to the show. he went a long way, he's been put through hell - even worse than jack has in ways, cause jack's were mostly physical, whereas tony's were emotional. disgrace, alcohol dependency, losing the love of his life twice. in a way he's been a human mirror to jack. they've put them both through similar things - except that in the end, they figured they couldn't kill jack but of course they could kill tony.

now, yes, all of the 24 characters, well of course, EXCEPT bauer superman, have a shelf life, and yes, we all know that. we also know that the time comes when everyone dies. but the point here is not THAT they killed tony, the point is HOW and what for. and it was  FOR NOTHING. they killed him and michelle for shock effect because - and this is a quote - they've run out of stories for them. bullocks. they could have just left them in peace, but no, they just kill them, no mention before or after, and now they drag everything tony stood for through the mud.

no, you haven't been around to watch the tears and sadness come from our eyes, you have not been on the forum when all these discussions were happening. dan and steve and others have heard MFL and me and others say these things. some of us have decided to leave the show then and then, to pretend that season 5 never happened. and even if you don't understand it, we demand that you respect our feelings and opinion anyway. because you're into jack, jack's the mack, jack's the machine - but it doesn't mean that jack is the only guy who matters, even though they have made it all about jack now.

have you read how the decision was made to bring tony back? they didn't know what to do with 24 to bring it back to life. the ratings for s6 had dropped into the basement - and I swear to you, part of it was because there was no tony! because the chemistry between jack and tony was like between no two other characters. so anyway, they were "rethinking, revamping" the show. hmm, so what do we do. right. the public hates jack torturing people, because the war in iraq isn't going well. ok, so penitence for jack. jack goes to africa to do charity work. hmm, no, doesn't work. costs too much and we'd have to break the real time format for the 14 hour flight it would take him. ok, so what else. hmm. hell, yeah, let's make jack bad! jack is evil! they brought the idea to FOX. no, guys, you can't do that. ok, hmm, so what's left. oh, right, there's tony. we screwed up in season 5, people never forgave us we killed him. we forgot the silent clock (and it HAD been forgotten!), so there's our opening. bring tony back - but make him evil! hahaha. yeah that's what we're gonna do.

so there you go. kill him, bring him back, disrespect everyone who loved him and everything he stood for, and in the end, have jack kill him - because after all, when henderson killed tony, people were bitching. who the hell is henderson to kill a character of tony's importance?! people had been feeling like jack is the only one with the right to kill tony, so we'll give them that.

brought it to FOX. yes, guys, you can do that. season 7 is the last chance 24 has. if these ratings stay low, there will be no season 8. doing this and having 19 months between the seasons will kill it. maybe I'm wrong, i'd like to be wrong. i'd like it to be a hoax, i'd like for tony to be undercover, i'd like for tony and jack to work together, i'd like for tony to come back to being alive and well and a goodie, but as for credibility of the show - that's over with.

and as for "as soon as he's back, everyone starts complaining" - we never wanted him back. we never wanted him to go - but we even less wanted him back, especially like this.

your opinion is yours, but ours is ours. respect it.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2008-02-17 17:40:35

Past Present Fortune

jack_addict wrote:
Past Present Fortune wrote:

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you have not been there from the start. we have. we have a certain relationship to the character, we've loved, respected and cherished him for six years and like MFL rightly stated, he has been the human touch to the show. he went a long way, he's been put through hell - even worse than jack has in ways, cause jack's were mostly physical, whereas tony's were emotional. disgrace, alcohol dependency, losing the love of his life twice. in a way he's been a human mirror to jack. they've put them both through similar things - except that in the end, they figured they couldn't kill jack but of course they could kill tony.

now, yes, all of the 24 characters, well of course, EXCEPT bauer superman, have a shelf life, and yes, we all know that. we also know that the time comes when everyone dies. but the point here is not THAT they killed tony, the point is HOW and what for. and it was  FOR NOTHING. they killed him and michelle for shock effect because - and this is a quote - they've run out of stories for them. bullocks. they could have just left them in peace, but no, they just kill them, no mention before or after, and now they drag everything tony stood for through the mud.

no, you haven't been around to watch the tears and sadness come from our eyes, you have not been on the forum when all these discussions were happening. dan and steve and others have heard MFL and me and others say these things. some of us have decided to leave the show then and then, to pretend that season 5 never happened. and even if you don't understand it, we demand that you respect our feelings and opinion anyway. because you're into jack, jack's the mack, jack's the machine - but it doesn't mean that jack is the only guy who matters, even though they have made it all about jack now.

have you read how the decision was made to bring tony back? they didn't know what to do with 24 to bring it back to life. the ratings for s6 had dropped into the basement - and I swear to you, part of it was because there was no tony! because the chemistry between jack and tony was like between no two other characters. so anyway, they were "rethinking, revamping" the show. hmm, so what do we do. right. the public hates jack torturing people, because the war in iraq isn't going well. ok, so penitence for jack. jack goes to africa to do charity work. hmm, no, doesn't work. costs too much and we'd have to break the real time format for the 14 hour flight it would take him. ok, so what else. hmm. hell, yeah, let's make jack bad! jack is evil! they brought the idea to FOX. no, guys, you can't do that. ok, hmm, so what's left. oh, right, there's tony. we screwed up in season 5, people never forgave us we killed him. we forgot the silent clock (and it HAD been forgotten!), so there's our opening. bring tony back - but make him evil! hahaha. yeah that's what we're gonna do.

so there you go. kill him, bring him back, disrespect everyone who loved him and everything he stood for, and in the end, have jack kill him - because after all, when henderson killed tony, people were bitching. who the hell is henderson to kill a character of tony's importance?! people had been feeling like jack is the only one with the right to kill tony, so we'll give them that.

brought it to FOX. yes, guys, you can do that. season 7 is the last chance 24 has. if these ratings stay low, there will be no season 8. doing this and having 19 months between the seasons will kill it. maybe I'm wrong, i'd like to be wrong. i'd like it to be a hoax, i'd like for tony to be undercover, i'd like for tony and jack to work together, i'd like for tony to come back to being alive and well and a goodie, but as for credibility of the show - that's over with.

and as for "as soon as he's back, everyone starts complaining" - we never wanted him back. we never wanted him to go - but we even less wanted him back, especially like this.

your opinion is yours, but ours is ours. respect it.

I know everyone has their opinion and I respect their opinions, I was simply stating my opinion.

Also I thought that I would say... I may have a fresh addiction to the show but I still do appreciate characters for who they are.

Board footer