international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-16 14:19:43

24nut
Website

Your favourite scene from Seasons 1-4

post a screencap of your favourite scene from seasons 1-4. Here's mine:

pdvd206uw6.th.jpg

i loved the shootout from Season 1, it was such a great scene, Jack went crazy, he didn't care if he died, it was pure revenge and the score from Sean Callery was amazing.

edited because this section includes seasons 1-4, not 1-5 smile

Last edited by jack_addict (2007-04-16 21:02:50)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2007-04-16 14:55:03

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Your favourite scene from Seasons 1-4

Well you've already got mine, so nothing left for me except to say I completely agree.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-04-16 18:07:47

M F Luder

I can't honestly even pick one. So many good scenes with Tony lol wink.  You're asking me to make an impossible choice. big_smile

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#4 2007-04-16 18:21:57

smitten

I find it hard to answer this kind of question because I love different scenes in such different ways. Close to the season 1 shootout, I would have to rate the hand fight at the end of season 2 when Jack's having his heart-attack - first time I saw that I was bowled over and thought, now how did they get that stunt man to look so much like Kiefer?

But there is one scene that stands out for me, and it's not very dramatic. Jack and George investigate this wilderness in Saugus as the sun goes down. First of all, Jack jumps over a fence, leaving George behind. And we're all wondering, is George going to jump it too? Can George jump fences? Is Jack going to come back and help him? And then George finds a gap between two segments and steps across. And that just says it all about Jack and George.

Then they go for a walk. And there's not much to see, just Jack walking by a fence. Which might be a bit boring, but the way the camera cuts from different angles, you just feel this open expanse, and Jack looks so vulnerable. So I'm thinking, who's watching him, where are they, where's the sniper - or will it be a poison dart? And just when the tension can't get any higher, we see Jack through binoculars, and we know he's being watched.

I just love that scene because it's easy to make a dramatic scene very - well - dramatic, but to get me to the edge of my seat watching something very ordinary is much more special.

#5 2007-04-16 20:17:55

Nero

My favourite scene from season 1 -5?

It would be season 5 episode 24, The Jack\Logan conversation. The conversation he has with Logan, and the way Keifer plays the part really burnt it into my mind and just made it one of my favourite scene's.

[spoiler]Mr Logan I'm not going to torture you. But you're going to tell me what I want to know. Or so help me God... I will kill you. A year and a half ago I was warned my life was in danger by someone within the government. And I was told the only was I could stay alive was to create the illusion that I was dead. I was forced to deceive people that I loved. My only daughter will never forgive me. As I see the depth of your corruption unfold I have no doubt that you are that source of danger. David Palmer was a great man, and he was a great president. But he was also my friend. He tried to warn me about you, and now he is dead. Other people tried to help me, and they are dead too. So Mr. Logan I hope you understand... I have absolutely nothing to lose. You are going to be held accountable for your part of everything that happened today. You are not going to be able to hide behind the presidency. Right here, right now, you are going to face justice! And make no mistake about this - this is personal. And if you think for a second that I am scared to put a bullet in your brain... you don't know me. - Jack Bauer[/spoiler]
Best scene ever, because of that piece of text. It was soo damn good, I loved it!

Note: I made the text non-visible because I thought we could only post about s1 - 4 in here, so I just didn't want to have any problems with spoilers.

Last edited by Nero (2007-04-16 20:19:57)

Formerly neromaguire

You are just a puppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain... How can there be any meaning in the memory of such a being? What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion. - Sephiroth

...I Could Float Here Forever...

#6 2007-04-16 21:01:48

J_A
Administrator
Website

Oh My Almeida (;)), I couldn't even choose one. making a choice now would mean making it after not having watched any 24 in weeks, and i bet that wouldn't be a very just choice.
I will edit the topic title though because this section is seasons 1-4 only, the other section includes seasons 5 and 6. . 24 nut, please note that smile. good thinking with the spoiler tag, nero.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-04-19 08:25:26

smitten

Nero wrote:

My favourite scene from season 1 -5?

It would be season 5 episode 24, The Jack\Logan conversation....
Best scene ever, because of that piece of text. It was soo damn good, I loved it!

I know now we're only supposed to talk about seasons 1-4, but I also love the scene Nero describes here. Jack buzzes pure rage. I think it's the longest he talks uninterrupted by friend, foe or nuke, ever.

#8 2007-04-19 11:42:27

deadmanmoz

Gotta be Tony saving Jack in season 4, nothing better!

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#9 2007-04-20 19:12:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

guys, listen, I don't want to be anal, but this thread and section indeed *are* about seasons 1 through 4, so why don't we keep it that way. please.

nero, I wouldn't have expected *you* to be the one to cross the line first tongue

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#10 2007-04-25 05:08:13

TonyAlmeida

2 scenes, but i don't have screen caps...

1. When Jack kills Chappelle, and that tear falls down chappelles face and the camera zooms in and everything in that moment is so heart breaking.

when mason is giving out his password of 'Hendrix' and says 'Would it be spelled any different?'

i especially love that scene, because basically up into that point in the whole series, mason was allways such a hard ass... and you learn that he is just as human as any one else.  He has likes and dislikes...

#11 2007-04-25 07:55:51

J_A
Administrator
Website

heh. from your screen name I would have thought you'd have a favorite scene involving some of Tony's godlike moments wink.

btw, welcome to the board smile

tony.jpg

#12 2007-05-01 04:48:17

TonyAlmeida

thank you!

#13 2007-05-01 08:50:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

btw, I LOVE your screen name big_smile

(on a side note, the exact quote of Mason's was "How else would you spell it?")

tony.jpg

#14 2007-05-24 15:38:24

smitten

Another scene I just watched again and really enjoyed - season 1 just before Jack and Teri on the phone just before Jack goes to 'pick Kim up' from the Drazens. He fully expects he won't live through this and lies so convincingly to Teri at the same time as being really emotional about her pregnancy and telling her (honestly) he loves her, and it been a really, really long day. Kiefer acts each beat so beautifully as he transitions from hardened federal agent to loving husband and back again. It's just a scene that's hard to top.

#15 2007-05-24 17:13:00

J_A
Administrator
Website

i agree. great scene. that's one thing that was still fresh back then and I truly loved all those little moments where jack was going into battle expecting to die. it was all very emotional and real. in my opinion though, somehow after season 3 they stretched it too far (it had to appear in each and every season, maybe I just got tired of it) and it never really hit me as hard as the s1 or 2 (on the plane) or 3 ("this will be my last mission").

tony.jpg

#16 2007-05-24 19:25:29

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

in my opinion though, somehow after season 3 they stretched it too far (it had to appear in each and every season, maybe I just got tired of it) and it never really hit me as hard as the s1 or 2 (on the plane) or 3 ("this will be my last mission").

That's very true. I suppose the audience, just like Jack, lose a bit of innocence and naivety with every season. We know he's not going to die, they know we know it. But it's still essential to the formula.

#17 2007-06-24 11:29:36

smitten

Again, noticed in the rewatch. The sequence of Jack getting him family out of Gaines' compound is every bit as dramatic as the finale to season 1. (It occurs a the half-way point - does this make it the semi-finale?) And, like the finale, it's the music that really makes it truly riveting.

#18 2007-07-18 21:24:29

emma143
Website

Ok...when i read the title my inital thought was 's4...Palmer and Jacks last conversation' has there ever been a better bit of tear jerking emotion? I will be honest, i watched that scene, tears flooding down my cheeks and it just was the best bit of television i ever saw so i rewound it and rewatched it and it just made me cry again....brilliant and i cant believe no one else mentioned it

'When you hang up the phone for all intensive purposes Jack Bauer is dead....'

WOW

But i also agree with an earlier poster....Chapelles death is also really moving.

Emz
x
εїз

4B, 6A, 1A* and the geek rules supreme (but still cant spell)

Board footer