24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-25 21:04:25

Past Present Fortune

Have you seen all 6 of the leaked 24: Exile trailers?

If so, what did you think of them, I think they look awesome and I can't wait for November 23rd when we finally get some new 24 content.

#2 2008-07-25 22:34:08

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: Have you seen all 6 of the leaked 24: Exile trailers?

no, where are they?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2008-07-26 07:44:13

Steveb

There'sone on the front page, although I'm not sure you can call officially released footage "leaked" but there you go.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#4 2008-07-26 10:44:31

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

There'sone on the front page, although I'm not sure you can call officially released footage "leaked" but there you go.

Well it's both official footage and "leaked" at the same time. The trailer I have on the front page was shown at a press junket/event for 24 and some other Fox shows. It wasn't meant for widespread public consumption just yet, it was simply shown to try and get some press going for 24: Exile, but someone/some people filmed it/sneaked copies then put it up on Youtube.

The "for press only" goes someway to explaining the terrible rush job on the voice over and some other things.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2008-07-26 15:19:10

J_A
Administrator
Website

alright, got it. will rush over to the main site and check it out asap. in the meantime, what did you guys think of it? (I'll add my two cents when I've seen them)

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2008-07-27 00:24:25

Steveb

I really enjoyed  the trailer but I'm yet to be convinced by the finished product. That may sound daft, but I want the balance between the Africa and America stories to be good, and it's difficult to see whether it will be or not from the the trailer. When a little more info has been released I'll be able to comment more.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#7 2008-07-27 00:51:37

J_A
Administrator
Website

well, FOX did its magic and the video(s)? are no longer available. at least, the video that dan posted on the main site can't be accessed any longer, and a youtube search comes up empty, too. I suppose I'll just have to wait and ... wait?

tony.jpg

#8 2008-07-27 10:02:04

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

well, FOX did its magic and the video(s)? are no longer available. at least, the video that dan posted on the main site can't be accessed any longer, and a youtube search comes up empty, too. I suppose I'll just have to wait and ... wait?

Ah, FOX can't stump me that easily, new version up on the front page that i'm hosting myself. Quality ain't great but it's their.

Steve, yeah I was thinking that, the balance has to see natural or it will drag the whole thing down.

#9 2008-07-27 13:11:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

thanks dan, i saw it now. interesting. a new hot topic, children soldiers... hope it's not going to be a case of too many kids for me... I've seen a hated face, the president from season 6, whom I haven't cared for and have hoped not to see again. then tom is there, too... i wonder just how NEW this will actually end up being?... does just changing locations dramatically do enough to revamp the show?

ok, separating emotions from objectivity for a second here, the trailer seems to promise a balance between the two story lines. i dont know how they're gonna do it, but it looks like the elements are there. the white house (which, in the last seasons seemed utterly unimportant and superfluous), jack as the savior, torture, and this time, a new element, saving some kids. hold on, that's been done before too, hasn't it.

hmm. not excited about it. yet. not sure if i will be. but there's still 5 months to go.

tony.jpg

#10 2008-07-27 19:13:56

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

thanks dan, i saw it now. interesting. a new hot topic, children soldiers... hope it's not going to be a case of too many kids for me...

Some of that screamed, "we want 24 to be topical again, lets pick an issue out of a hat"

i wonder just how NEW this will actually end up being?... does just changing locations dramatically do enough to revamp the show?

I think perhaps it may be the kick start they might need, it could just work.

hmm. not excited about it. yet. not sure if i will be. but there's still 5 months to go.

Actually the TV movie "24: Exile" is only 3 months away now.

#11 2008-07-27 21:16:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:
jack_addict wrote:

thanks dan, i saw it now. interesting. a new hot topic, children soldiers... hope it's not going to be a case of too many kids for me...

Some of that screamed, "we want 24 to be topical again, lets pick an issue out of a hat"

so it did.

i wonder just how NEW this will actually end up being?... does just changing locations dramatically do enough to revamp the show?

I think perhaps it may be the kick start they might need, it could just work.

possibly. i'm just seeing that you know, even though CTU has been dismantled, we're still in government business (FBI, the white house), even though jack is in africa, he still gets to save the world, and all of us lesser people will never know what hit us wink. I know i'm being sarcastic, I know how terribly hard it is to come up with something new. I just know this is a make or break, and whereas on the one hand i want them to get it right, on the other, i don't believe it. i'll gladly let myself be proven wrong. we'll see.

but there's still 5 months to go.

that is true. i just wonder when i'll get to see it... is it true that the movie will not be a prequel to the series but the first two hours of series proper? that's lame. I'd feel cheated.

tony.jpg

#12 2008-07-28 12:27:17

hardy24
Administrator
Website

jack_addict wrote:

that is true. i just wonder when i'll get to see it... is it true that the movie will not be a prequel to the series but the first two hours of series proper? that's lame. I'd feel cheated.

No the TV movie is a two seperate hours, it's not the first two hours of the 24.

Also worth noting is that it won't be on general cinema release, it's TV only, so liking it'll be on a few months before national broadcasters would normally start showing the season proper.

#13 2008-07-29 17:51:34

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

Also worth noting is that it won't be on general cinema release, it's TV only, so liking it'll be on a few months before national broadcasters would normally start showing the season proper.

yes that's what i assumed. but since 24 s6 isn't even on yet (I think), it's bound to be quite a while still.

tony.jpg

Board footer