24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-28 22:14:42

J_A
Administrator
Website

24 season 7 DVD box

play.com has the release date up for october! aaargh!!!! I do not think I wanna wait that long. lol. the season will be over in may - and they have finished filming already, why is it that they still have to wait 4 months to release it? hmm. yeah, I'll be getting it, pretty much regardless of how tony's storyline pans out. anyway:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8229527/24-Season-7-Box-Set/Product.html#

as always, artwork to be confirmed:

8229527x.jpg

by the way, it looks like the earlier seasons are on promotion... £17.99 / season. and redemption is now down to £9.99. i guess I should have waited! LOL

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/3-/216228/2-/Promo.html

so anyone who missed buying s5 and 6 should consider it now. right? not sure I will.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-01-29 00:18:42

24nut
Website

Re: 24 season 7 DVD box

yeah i saw this a couple of days ago, i think they should replace the top right image with a bad guy, emmerson would do the trick and then replace the president with Tony. And i doubt if the side will be like that in the uk, if it does i will not be happy. lol

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2009-01-29 09:49:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah i totally agree. my first thought at seeing that was "Where's a large image of Tony??" Just putting him up there in that little pic with 2 other people just doesn't cut it. bahstids! LOL

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-01-29 12:20:48

Steveb

I doubt Emerson is going to last long enough to be the main season villain. I actually like the layout of the pictures, having Tony with the FBI agents and Jack and the President on there own has a nice dynamic to it, although I agree having the image of Jack on the side will hopefully not be on the UK box set.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#5 2009-01-29 12:35:52

24nut
Website

i know Emmerson wont make it past episode 12-13, he's the Ira Gaines of this season, he's just the set up for the real villain.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#6 2009-01-29 15:33:29

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh emerson won't make it far, unfortunately. I like the character very much and I would have wanted to know much more about him and tony - but alas. I won't say more. I'll just say I know how and when he dies wink. the real villain has to be john voight's character - we've seen him in Redemption but not in this season yet.

tony.jpg

#7 2009-01-29 19:58:31

24nut
Website

i agree j_a, he is a very good character, the sort of villain with depth that that season 4 and 6 were lacking, reminds me of Ira Gaines and Steven Saunders. I agree Voight is the main character.

#8 2009-01-29 20:01:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

indeed, the characterization this season is really good. smile

tony.jpg

#9 2009-01-31 18:38:38

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I quite like the box art, not sure about the President being "the number 2" really, but graphically it really does all fit. I'm sure contracts put in place a rather strict criteria to these things which are hard to work around.

However if I was to make one alteration, mine might look something like this....

mys7dvd.jpg

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#10 2009-01-31 18:48:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

and that would look so much better dan! you should submit it to FOX big_smile. honestly. we don't need jack's legs there - tony should definitely be on the cover

though i know they're gonnna want to have the white house on there - since they're so proud they were able to shoot in DC.

tony.jpg

#11 2009-01-31 19:59:04

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Actually having looked at it again, I think I can do better ....

mys7dvd_2.jpg

The two stars of the show large, and then a cast photo! so simple!, and they could put the White House in the background of the cast pic if they wanted.

#12 2009-01-31 22:16:52

J_A
Administrator
Website

yes, now i am really impressed!

great artwork! perfect, imho, and indeed very simple. and being that they ARE indeed concentrating on jack and tony this season, I really cannot understand why carlos isn't getting a large(r) spot in the artwork.

now this is the one that you SHOULD submit to FOX. hehehe big_smile. or at least make a post on the site wink

tony.jpg

#13 2009-03-07 23:31:52

J_A
Administrator
Website

oh no, this is really unfair. it looks like the US are getting their DVD box much sooner than the UK

from 24wikia.com

* Season 7 of 24 will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in North America on May 19, 2009, just after the completion of the season's airing. Both sets will be on six discs and include deleted scenes, twelve audio commentaries and at least three featurettes. The DVD will be released in the United Kingdom on October 19, 2009.

I don't like the fact that there will be no extra disc (the 7th). I guess this is also a return to season 1... cause that box didn't include a 7th disc either... I'm sad sad. this could have been a disc to put lots of carlos on! not that they'd have done it...

tony.jpg

#14 2009-03-08 09:39:20

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Okay, the original source of that information is the following link : http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/24-Season-7/11376

I'm surprised at the report about it only be 6 Discs, which in all honest I think is a typo or misunderstanding, I don't see how they get "Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary), and Featurettes about 24's Villians, The Ambush and The Fumicite Festival Presents the Music of 24." plus four episodes and likely some commentaries on those episodes on the final 6th disc. I'd suggest the DVD release will have 7 discs, but they might be able to get everything on 6 discs for the blu-ray.

#15 2009-03-08 17:38:00

24nut
Website

Both the blu ray and dvd version will be 7 disc. Even though blu ray can fit a lot of extras on it they normally dont use all the space. Unless the blu ray set will have special features in standard definition, some blu rays that i have are like that, including fox releases. I would get both but the only problem is that Fox lock their Blu Ray releases, them and Disney are the only ones that lock them to Region A.

I also want the other seasons in blu ray around the time we get season 7.

#16 2009-05-28 20:43:04

J_A
Administrator
Website

Just caught this on play.com. As expected, a full S1-7 + Redemptino box set is planned for release (no date just yet). I'd actually love to get it, being as most of my S1-4 DVDs are screwed up thanks to inconsiderate neighbors, and I don't actually own S5 and 6. that being said, it would possibly be an even better idea to wait until s8 is over and then just get the complete 24.
anyway, for anyone interested:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/9975075/24-Complete-Seasons-1-7-Redemption/Product.html

happy shopping!

p.s. I really don't get how the Cast information that is given on the DVD description is determined. I mean, this s1-7 box set cites Kiefer Sutherland, R. Cross and E. Belfour... I mean, hello?? Cross and Belfour have been in, what, 2 of the 7 seasons? If anyone is to be credited next to Kiefer, it's Carlos, Elisha or so many others, but not an insignificant Curtis Menning or the missed but botched 1.5 seasons guest Milo Pressman... rant over. wink

tony.jpg

#17 2009-05-28 23:41:13

24nut
Website

that is very cool, im really liking the artwork, i think im going to do the sensible thing and buy the complete 1-8 blu ray set that they are bound to release.

Thanks for the link j_a

Board footer