24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-15 11:16:14

J_A
Administrator
Website

possibly more than 8 seasons

no, i haven't. if you come across the source for this, post it and we'll look into it. the last thing i know - and that's from interviews - is season 8 + movie. that's it.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-02-19 22:51:45

24nut
Website

Re: possibly more than 8 seasons

i heard 8 + movie, to be honest though it really does depend on how this season pans out, i also think Kiefer is signed on till Season 9 right?

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2009-02-19 23:10:25

J_A
Administrator
Website

no, kiefer has signed on till season 8. I think it was after season 5 that we'd heard the news that he'd signed on for 3 more years. which would make that 6, 7 and 8. there wasn't supposed to be a 9th, for all I know. of course, nothing's etched in stone, and FOX just might decide to milk the cow until it dies.

but, keeping away from speculations, s8 as the end finds a sort-of confirmation in a very recent Carlos Bernard interview. His exact words were:

"I think the show, in general, is going to go another year, and then that's going to be the end of it."

check out the whole interview below. lots of the questions are more of the same in terms of what we've been hearing from him lately (must be very annoying for an actor to have to answer the same damn questions all the time), but one nice thing was that almeidaisgod.com was mentioned again, and the second, his new pilot and new project, which I've posted about in the Announcements section.

link to the interview:

http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/does-24s-tony-almeida-have-a-future-well-hes-not-dead-anymore.php

enjoy

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2009-03-01 18:58:57

24nut
Website

hmm, that quote from Carlos seems to me that after the end of this season, the next season will be set up to be the finale season. Or thats how i hope its going to be, if they can make 24 last for as long as possible, im all for it, but only if the story and the characters aren't affected, after season 6 i was afraid 7 would be rather bad, but it has been to complete opposite, the show has been reborn.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#5 2009-03-05 18:49:15

J_A
Administrator
Website

i completely share your feelings, i mean, as much as i love the show and i'm enjoying s7, if you look at the naked storyline without the awesomeness of the characterization and dialogues, it is rather predictable and uninventive, if we're completely honest. if it weren't for the emphasis they've put on the other stuff all around it, I'm sure we'd be praising it in a whole different set of words. so I don't want it to go too long, to be squeezed until no one gives a damn anymore. on the other hand i want as much of it as we can get. so i'll put down a compromise (assuming the quality does stay the same): as long as tony's in it, I want it wink. that's something I can live with! lol.

tony.jpg

#6 2009-06-05 21:43:25

J_A
Administrator
Website

lizzie01 wrote:

It would be a real treat if they could have more than 8 seasons!

actually, no. believe me, i was the greatest 24 addict there was back in the day, but i never ever wanted the show to go on "forever" - i.e. until nobody cares anymore and it gets pulled because its ratings drop below zero. shows going on for too long can only lose. so happened with the x files and many other series. milking the cow until it just goes dry isn't the way to go. I know it's sad to lose the series when it's still good, but it's better to go out in flames than to fade away.

tony.jpg

#7 2009-06-23 21:02:48

J_A
Administrator
Website

ok.... now it looks like FOX is considering continuing beyond s8 - possibly in san altered form.
read below......

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/would-24-benefit-from-re-creation/

thoughts?

I know at least one of us has been supporting the idea of recreation, possibly even without kiefer.

Also,from ausiello's twitter:

Season 8's premiere has been set - it's another four hour premiere. Jan 17, 2010 from 9pm-11pm and then Jan 18, 2010 from 8pm-10pm EST.

tony.jpg

#8 2009-06-25 19:55:00

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Honestly, it's what I thought would happen after the first season, but it'll be more difficult to do now. If they'd done it then, the real time format would have been the thing which stayed, everything else would have been up for debate and they could have thought "what would this situation and location be like in real time?", and so stead of international terrorism it could have been an undercover police investigation in Baltimore or other similar high intensity situations.

Now we have a hardset formula which as much as they try, they can't quite shake off. So if altered form means changes for changes sake then it would be a terrible idea, really if they are hoping for a longer term future for the "franchise" it needs evolution not revolution.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#9 2009-06-28 20:35:24

J_A
Administrator
Website

i think what they mean is just taking a new lead actor and give more of the same, and if that's so, then I do agree, it would be a terrible thing to do, cause to find someone who can be as good as this as kiefer has been would be very hard. and frankly, I think 98% of the viewers would say This isn't 24 anymore. it happened that way with the x files when fox mulder was replaced, it'll happen with 24 if this is done.  i really just think they should call it quite, as much as it hurts, and as much as i have no friggin clue what i would do without 24 on tv...

btw, sorry about the late reply, I was at a krav maga training camp / workshop from friday morning until just about 2 hours ago ... would love to get some more discussion going on this

tony.jpg

Board footer