24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-07 19:25:23

M F Luder

Lost to bow out...

Hey guys, a bit of information I stumbled upon. As many here also watch Lost, I thought this might interest you.

"ABC has set an end date for "Lost."

The Emmy-winning adventure series will run for 48 more episodes over three seasons. Each season will consist of 16 episodes, which will air uninterrupted.

"Lost" executive producers/showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, who have been vocal about setting up an endgame for the show, have signed on to stay for the remainder of the series' run. Their separate new eight-figure deals with "Lost" producer ABC TV Studio include their services on the show as well as multiyear development pacts set to kick in when "Lost" bows out during the 2009-10 season."

Rest of the article is here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con … ea6c08848c

ifyoueverleave.jpg
Tony Almeida: Oh, rules apply to other people, but not to you, right Jack??

Tony Almeida: Well, uh... it's like this. Either fire me, or get out of my chair.

#2 2007-05-07 19:35:18

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: Lost to bow out...

For me, this is good news. Not certain amount the shorter seasons but setting an end date is a good idea, better to be able to plan for three more good seasons than stretch it out and loose the quality.

Bravo to ABC for making the decision.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2007-05-08 07:24:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

honestly, I had expected them to stop after season 3. I haven't seen it thus I cannot say whether it's good or bad (s3, that is), but from some things I heard it sounded like it wasn't that great compared to season 1 or 2 that I had hoped they wouldn't do what everyone  usually does with shows - namely, let them run for too long until people lose interest (which sadly, seems to be what's happening to 24 at the moment, at least in the US, and what happened to the X files).

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-05-08 11:26:50

Steveb

Season three is actually very good once you get past the first six episodes- and even they aren't that bad.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#5 2007-05-08 11:44:41

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I think really it's expectations which killed series 3 of lost, everyone seems to expect it to keep raising it's game.

And that the viewers knowlegde of whats going on will keep increasing at a faster and faster rate. When they can't match up to that viewers get frustrated. But there are several episodes which are as good as anything they've produced.

#6 2007-05-08 13:41:15

J_A
Administrator
Website

I'm looking forward to it, I hope it will begin in the fall. season 6 of 24 is coming in september, so I guess Lost will, too. because they usually show them back to back

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#7 2007-05-08 15:08:18

deadmanmoz

I think its wonderful news they have an end date, means they can start wrapping things up, know where they want/need to be by X time.
They say about lost being a mosiac with 48 more pieces to fit into it before its complete, i like that!

As for series 3, i think its been really good, a few annoying bits here and there and partic annoying characters but hey, this is to be expected of any show!

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#8 2007-05-08 15:39:46

Steveb

Deadman just out of interest what did you think to Nikki and Paulo?

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#9 2007-05-09 11:09:07

deadmanmoz

Rubbish to answer your question steve.
they both annoyed me no end.
Although granted she was hot.

It really wound me up that it was them that first found that hatch and the plane it kinda makes everything else we came to know rubbish.
Also the way he just wandered down the hatch and didnt batter an eyelid at all the monitors.

And i swear he didnt have an accent when they first appeared yet it was really strong later on and im sure they referred to him as steve or someone else, certainly not paulo!

Make no mistake gentlemen, we are in the fight of our lives, against maybe the greatest marine commander in the Vietnam War, I SH*T YOU NOT.

Now a days everybody wants to talk, like they've got something to say, but nothing comes out, when they move their lips, just a bunch of jibber-rish.

#10 2007-05-09 13:36:53

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I was split on the nikki paulo episodes, as well as them on the whole.

I thought the characters themselves were quite annoying, but that they were justed an excuse to do that episode - to tie some things together and get some perspective on the entire story so far.

It was cool to see Billy Dee. and there episode included one great line, ... "i'm just a guest star, we all know what happens to guest stars" ... Meta lines like that are always fun.

#11 2007-05-09 14:53:17

deadmanmoz

It was just the whole fact they have been there all along and never been seen then they are suddenly involved heavily!

And i thought the way they added them into the plane crash scene from episode 1 was terrible!!!!

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW, NO ONE READ ON IF THEY DONT WANNA KNOW!

Didnt they also say in Nikki's flashback something like "We can find a way for you to return from the dead" after she got killed in that show!
Some people reckon she'll return!

#12 2007-05-09 15:43:42

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Good points deadman, but again I just think that episode was less about those characters, and more about the show. And well they went back and added extra footage of Locke for his episode way back when.

All quite minor things i reckon.

P.S., you can hide spoilers by putting

[spoiler] ...[/spoiler]

around them.

#13 2007-05-09 15:48:28

Steveb

Apparently they were originally going to be regular characters and the story in their episode would have run for ages, but the viewer response was so negative that the producers decided to condense the story into a single episode.

#14 2007-05-09 17:39:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

P.S., you can hide spoilers by putting

[spoiler] ...[/spoiler]

around them.

I think this would be worth mentioning to other members in a relevant place? like the board section smile. I assume most people don't expect it cause it wasn't available on the old forum

tony.jpg

#15 2007-05-10 10:58:58

deadmanmoz

Steveb wrote:

Apparently they were originally going to be regular characters and the story in their episode would have run for ages, but the viewer response was so negative that the producers decided to condense the story into a single episode.

Thank god they didnt keep their story running, that would of been rubbish!
Their episodes was, well, what it was.
The ending was cool though

#16 2007-05-10 18:11:14

Steveb

I think it was quite clever, although it would have been far better just to fade them back into the background and let us forget they were there.

Just watched this weeks episode thanks to the joy of the internet. My god it's good.

#17 2007-05-10 18:38:50

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Just watched this weeks episode thanks to the joy of the internet. My god it's good.

Really? You talking about episode 3x20 "the man behind the curtain", because I thought it was utter rubbish, and a perfect example of what (if anything) has been wrong with this season.

Though the last two episodes of the seaosn look promising

#18 2007-05-11 03:05:18

Steveb

For me, it was one of those episodes that's been brewing for a while and while it didn't necessarily suceed in answering anything comprehensively it moved the story on quite significantly. And the ending was one of the best in a long time.

#19 2007-05-11 08:14:25

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I don't think we can be talking about the same episode, you talking about Locke's flashback episode or Ben's flashback episode which followed it?

#20 2007-05-11 09:29:23

Steveb

Ben's flashback episode. The Locke one bored me a bit because I'd already guessed everything that was going to happen.

#21 2007-05-11 09:41:53

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Odd, I actually thought Locke's episode was marginally better even though it was a tad predictable. Ben's episode just really frustrated me, it missed a huge oppourtunity to explain why Ben is Ben but instead there was just a big jump in his flashbacks. Plus a number of continuity plot errors - (shouldn't the guy young ben met in the forest have been much younger than he appears in the present day - plus if he was the leader of the "hostiles" back then, why is he taking orders from Ben now?)

And the entire Jacob thing just left me feeling "shrug", as did the ending - I honestly think I feel as strongly about that last scene as j_a, mfl and deadman feel about certain parts of 24 s5.

#22 2007-05-14 14:44:39

deadmanmoz

hardy24 wrote:

And the entire Jacob thing just left me feeling "shrug", as did the ending - I honestly think I feel as strongly about that last scene as j_a, mfl and deadman feel about certain parts of 24 s5.

WOW!
Now thats strongly!
I've been watching stills on the internet and slowed down videos on youtube of that jacob thing all day!
And im still hmm

#23 2007-05-14 18:13:58

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Yeah, I was pretty that way with the Jacob thing.

To be honest there are some many things that still need answers to, quite frankly if they could just address a few of them between now and the end of the series, I would be quite happy.

I mean, where are earth have the polar bears gone!!!, that's my one burning issue!

#24 2007-05-15 09:58:44

deadmanmoz

Not sure that will happen!
We have 3 episodes left.
You've gotta think 1 is a build up episode and the final 2 are a double and involve Jacob saving Locke and the others attacking the beach.
Anyone feel like doing predictions of what will happen between now and the end of the series!
although no one who has read spoilers i dont wanna know i just wanna share opinions

#25 2007-05-15 10:52:57

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Actually there are only 2 episodes left ("Greatest Hits" & "Through The Looking Glass: Part 1"), though the second could be longer than normal.

Board footer