24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-01 23:26:03

24nut
Website

24 Video Effects Production Video

So im going to be studying computer graphics and animation soon, at university and i was just searching for a piece of software when i found this, its a production video for the special effects used in 24, some may have seen it allready but i haven't, the video shows Zoic studios creating the explosions and various other pieces from 24, this may intrest me a lot more as im into digital animation, but i thought i'd pass it on.

Enjoy

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/profiles/24/index.php

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#2 2008-01-02 00:29:57

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: 24 Video Effects Production Video

Thanks, very interesting.

I'm doing a graphic design degree at the moment, and i've played around with some digital animation, although it really wasn't for me, it's really hard, so credit to the guys who did the oil rig explosion, I thought all of that had to be real photo elements composited together, it looked so good.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2008-01-02 11:43:03

24nut
Website

your doing a graphics design degree at the moment, cool, what sort of projects have you got going at the moment, im at the moment trying to use Autodesk Maya to render a scene similar to the Pixar lamp. lol

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2008-01-02 14:18:12

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I've got a fair bit of web design going on, as that is my strongest area really, and probably the thing which will pay the bills once i'm done at the end of the year.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

Board footer