24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-06 08:26:56

hardy24
Administrator
Website

2 Hour Prequel TV Movie Coming This Fall!

So it turns out Jack isn’t taking all of 2008 off after all. According to Hollywood Reporter, the show’s producers are currently developing a 2 hour TV movie which will bridge the gap between seasons 6 and 7, which will air this fall. I think this is a great compromise between not wanting to  split the season in two and not wanting to leave us waiting a whole year for more ‘24′.

No word yet, but I think there’s a strong possibility the real-time format may be broken to fit as much action and information as possible into the two hours.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ib9ecd214eaeda2c0d0d56a2af0af12c8

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#2 2008-03-06 17:10:15

Past Present Fortune

Re: 2 Hour Prequel TV Movie Coming This Fall!

In no way did I expec this to happen but now that it has I am so f****** happy, I CAN'T WAIT!!! YES, YES, YES!!!

#3 2008-03-07 17:19:57

24nut
Website

very cool, just saw this, quite happy now, lets just hope there is enough of an exciting storyline that bridges the gap between season 6 and 7. Hopefull they go all out on it.

+ Another source: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/857/857305p1.html (still originally hollywood reporter, but the words getting around)

Last edited by 24nut (2008-03-07 17:20:48)

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#4 2008-03-08 02:24:26

Steveb

Can I be the negative one and be apprehensive about this?! I like the idea in principle but it's one of those things that strikes me as:

A) Being a response to sites such as this, that have repeatedly suggested a prequel (of around 2 hours length) to help launch the reinvention of the show.

B) A way to keep fans from deserting the show with a years hiatus on the cards.

C) A very clever rumour

D)All of the above.

I hope I'm wrong. It's a great idea and if done right will be a brilliant launch into the season, although given the s7 trailer, it'll be interesting to see what they do- particularly with regards to returning characters. The use of real time could be crucial as well; will the prequel be akin to the s4 prequel i.e. a series of short events that on their own exist as real time but together take place over several hours or will they hope to contain the real time element and make the plot [awkwardly?] self-contained.

Until more is known, it's hard to speculate, but I do like the idea- I'm just being cautious.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#5 2008-03-08 07:42:19

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Your probably right to be cautious steve. Although I would suggest, are you honestly trying to bash Fox for listening to the fans of one of it's shows??, Because god knows I like to bash Fox just about anything I can think of, but that ain't gonna be one of them.

I'd suggest the first one of the two for how they would deal with real time. Overall I think it will be interested to see how the show can do in formats other than 24 x 45.

Obviously there is a bit of a massive risk here, pressure and expectation that was on the opening four episodes of series 7 now atleast partly transfer to this double episode.

#6 2008-03-08 12:01:49

Steveb

I'm not bashing them for listening to the fans, I thinks it's about time. I just find it very interesting that they've chosen to do this now.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#7 2008-03-08 12:34:58

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Ah, I see, fare enough. Although there would seem to be a very logical chain of thought for all these decisions.

#8 2008-03-09 23:49:33

MorrisDay6

I'm glad I don't have to wait until 2009, but I am wondering how they will do this while making the real time element relevant.

#9 2008-03-12 11:43:11

Past Present Fortune

MorrisDay6 wrote:

I'm glad I don't have to wait until 2009, but I am wondering how they will do this while making the real time element relevant.

I actually think that they are making this 2 hour television movie to plan out how they are going to fit a 24 hour time frame into a 2 hour time frame for the theater movie that is undoubtedly coming in the future.

#10 2008-03-12 13:37:01

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Past Present Fortune wrote:

I actually think that they are making this 2 hour television movie to plan out how they are going to fit a 24 hour time frame into a 2 hour time frame for the theater movie that is undoubtedly coming in the future.

I think actually either it will be 2 hours in real time, or it will be likely Steve suggested, each individual scene or sequence may be in real time, but that there could be jumps in time of days, weeks or even months.

#11 2008-03-19 19:39:48

Past Present Fortune

hardy24 wrote:
Past Present Fortune wrote:

I think actually either it will be 2 hours in real time, or it will be likely Steve suggested, each individual scene or sequence may be in real time, but that there could be jumps in time of days, weeks or even months.

That's a possibilty but you can't rule anything out in my opinion, I believe that the 2 hour tv-movie is a sort of rehearsal for a theater-movie that may be coming soon and I believe that for the movie to be amazing and different to the show in terms of scale then the real time concept would have to be dropped or at least evolved to what was suggested about the jumps in time.

Board footer