international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-22 21:13:15

J_A
Administrator
Website

24 TV movie to bridge the gap?

FOX PLANS 24 'PREQUEL MOVIE' TO SOOTHE IMPATIENT FANS

The producers of hit American drama 24 are reportedly planning a two-hour TV movie 'prequel' to tide viewers over until the new season airs in the new year.

24, starring Kiefer Sutherland as maverick counterterrorism officer Jack Bauer, was among the biggest casualties of the Hollywood writers' strike, with the show's seventh season being put back from January this year to 2009.

The first eight episodes of the real-time drama have already been filmed, but were not shown so the season could be broadcast in its entirety.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Fox wants to air a two-hour prequel movie to bridge the gap between the sixth and seventh seasons.

Season six of 24 was originally broadcast in the US at the beginning of 2007, but the TV movie is also intended to outline what has changed at CTU HQ during the two-year hiatus.

Sutherland, who spent most of January in a Los Angeles Jail after pleading no contest to drink-driving charges, has already confirmed in interviews that a fully-fledged 24 movie had been given the green light, but a feature film project has now been put on hold.

The next season of 24 could see life imitating art if Hillary Clinton wins the Democratic presidential nomination, with Cherry Jones starring as the US' first female president.

source:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/fox%20plans%2024%20prequel%20movie%20to%20soothe%20impatient%20fans_1061661

looks like the movie is heading our way in the fall.
and yes, you've probably read it in march, but there was no thread on it as far as I know wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2008-04-22 22:19:43

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: 24 TV movie to bridge the gap?

http://24fans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=219, actually there was a thread on this.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2008-04-23 08:07:39

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: 24 TV movie to bridge the gap?

my bad then. i was simply happy to see it wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer