24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-18 22:38:30

J_A
Administrator
Website

predicted strike of SAG

so... we / TV / 24 / have survived one strike - are we in for another?

what do things look like with the screen actors guild? a little while back, there was mention in the paper that the actors might go on strike next. it looks like june would be the time...

any info? any predictions? any rants?..

imho, if this strike happens and delays production of 24 yet again, i'm thinking it might get canceled completely. then again, maybe not, seeing as much money has already been pumped into the production.

there I said it. I'm starting to have that damn feeling again, that the torturous wait for deliverance will get much longer.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2008-05-19 08:39:27

hardy24
Administrator
Website

Re: predicted strike of SAG

Okay, so the news is that the SAG's contract with the studios expires on June 30th, so thats when any strike would likely begin.

It's largely over the same issues as the WGA strike, (the internet), and not to jinx it, but while negiogations are at a standstill now, I think everyone would be eager to avoid a second strike.

I'm guessing the more you hear on this in the news, the more likely it'll happen, and so no news would probably be good news.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#3 2008-05-19 09:03:36

J_A
Administrator
Website

yeah that's what I've read, that it's again about the same stuff. I am just hoping that the studios will be  forewarned this time and do what's necessary to avoid a second strike... I'm not sure how much more standstill in production the industry can take this year.

I'm guessing the more you hear on this in the news, the more likely it'll happen, and so no news would probably be good news.

let's hope for no news then.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2008-05-20 09:07:34

Steveb

Alot of actors are against the strike from my understanding. There was story a while back saying that various spokes people including George Clooney and Julia Roberts (I think) wereurging the SAG members to avoid striking.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#5 2008-05-20 09:16:16

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

Alot of actors are against the strike from my understanding. There was story a while back saying that various spokes people including George Clooney and Julia Roberts (I think) were urging the SAG members to avoid striking.

i don't remember whether clooney threatened with strike or urged them not to go on strike (but knowing what his stance was on the writers' strike, I'd go with the latter, like you're saying). julia, I haven't heard anything, but it is my sincere hope that this can be avoided.
and not to be an ass, but, some people already earn millions per ep of a series and many millions per movie. I hope it's not *them* who are pushing the strike to go ahead...
I do understand the "small earners" side. let's hope for a compromise in the middle...

tony.jpg

Board footer