24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-16 16:10:33

J_A
Administrator
Website

s7 - virus threat? hmmm.....

ok, so this is from a facebook page, but it cites the source as fox/24...

"24 season 7 returns soon"

"The Emmy and Golden Globe award winning show 24 stars Kiefer Sutherland as Agent Jack Bauer, who heads a field operations unit of the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) to stop a viral terrorism threat before it could kill millions of people in Los Angeles."

gonna head over to fox.com in an instant to see how much substance this has, but my first thought was "uhm, haven't we seen this in season 3? and I thought CTU had been dismantled". 
has anyone else heard of this?

edit: as suspected, nothing about a virus on fox. but there is a trailer, in case you haven't seen it (though I bet when I go check the main page here dan will have posted it already wink)

http://www.fox.com/24/trailer/

anyway, my thoughts on the trailer:

so far, the characters I've seen have had a rather opposite effect on me from what they're likely supposed to do. the president looks like she's concerned with the way her face looks (and has she used botox?) more than with how credibly she speaks her lines; the fat president guy from s6 is a total turn off to me, as is tom, naturally, from all the things they've done... jack is being jack which is to be expected but is not necessarily anything that exactly draws me in. and again, america is meddling with things that actually don't concern it and playing world police (sorry, but it's true... I mean, if I say I don't like american foreign policies it has nothing to do with the american ppl so don't jump at my throat). and while yes, it's a big question how all this will tie in with a story that later takes place on american soil and involves a certain other character, so far it's so far outside the usual backyard of 24 that it fails to arouse much interest in me.

anyone else?

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2008-09-16 18:25:25

Dyslexicon
Website

Re: s7 - virus threat? hmmm.....

Agreed, mate.  Nothing I saw there really drew me in, and I couldn't agree more.  I'd like nothing more than to see American Foreign Policy take 2 big steps back.  Not that I think genocide is a good thing, but I'm just not convinced that foreigners, especially Americans, are going to be listened to in the places where those things tend to happen.

On the other hand, I'm holding on to hope.  I really hope that season 7 will knock my socks off.

I aim to misbehave.

#3 2008-09-16 18:29:25

J_A
Administrator
Website

Dyslexicon wrote:

On the other hand, I'm holding on to hope.  I really hope that season 7 will knock my socks off.

hope, yes, I still try to keep a tiny seed of it alive.
expectations? I don't know. they've pretty much lost me some three years ago or so.
open-minded for an unexpected blow of great writing and the best season yet? yeah, though it's hard to believe.

but:

simply because they've had all this time in the world, so to speak, and with all the delays, and the most recent one, too (putting off the last few eps in order to get them right), that tiny seed of hope just might be rightfully alive.

as long as they don't bring back tony just to kill him again...

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2008-09-16 19:47:47

hardy24
Administrator
Website

I've thought every thought about S7 because i've had so much time to ponder. I just want it to start already so I can tear it apart as the final nail or praise it to high heaven for saving the format.

put your hands in your pockets looked away : andsmiled.com : blog

#5 2008-09-16 21:11:56

J_A
Administrator
Website

hardy24 wrote:

I've thought every thought about S7 because i've had so much time to ponder. I just want it to start already so I can tear it apart as the final nail or praise it to high heaven for saving the format.

yeah, same here. i'm torn as i have been forever

tony.jpg

Board footer