24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-14 10:53:51

Candy
Website

Does anybody know.....

....of any online 24 role playing games?  Forum, chat room, play by email style?  I have been looking for one for a while now but without any luck.  I'm hoping someone here might know of one (or two).

Dreams_are_the_stairways___________.png

#2 2008-10-14 13:39:36

24roxmysox3

Re: Does anybody know.....

can't say i do...i think they were gonna do one on this sight but i am not quit sure...you'll have to ask J_A or dan...

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#3 2008-10-15 09:29:11

J_A
Administrator
Website

hey guys, I thought I'd heard my name wink.

frankly, i think the time isn't right for that anymore. the 24 hype is gone. we did a few role playing games back in the old days, on the earlier sites we had. it was back in the day of season 2 and season 3 maybe. so really, years ago. and even then, although the forums were much more active, it was hard to keep things going the right way.

those role play games on the said forums ended up being left alone after a while - and then I took them and wrote them to the end as a fanfic big_smile. now , given the current (in)activity of the forum, it would be a really bad idea to try and put something like that into action.

but there are no limits to imagination, you guys are free to write your own stuff - and I think chloefan is doing that, right? as am I. and have been since those early roleplaying days wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2008-10-17 03:45:50

24roxmysox3

right but wouldn't it almost be easier because there are less people, so it's less active and we can all keep our stories straight?  I think it would almost be easier, but what do i know?! lol

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#5 2008-10-17 20:17:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

well yeah it's fewer people and might be easier from the point of view of the storyline. no messin' around with other people's stories. but from experience I can tell you that, say if there were 3 people taking part, each one would end up with like 7-10 characters on average, if you wanted to make it a good story with the complexities needed. when I ended up finishing the very first one with just two of us involved, i swear we had like 20 characters each.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#6 2008-10-18 04:30:20

24roxmysox3

lol it depends on the type of people, am i right?  and, knowing us, we'd come up with quite a few characters...

#7 2008-10-18 05:27:54

Candy
Website

Well....if anyone does decide to start one...let me know because I will be one of the first in line to join.  Or if anyone hears of one somewhere else....please let me know.

Dreams_are_the_stairways___________.png

#8 2008-10-18 12:03:28

J_A
Administrator
Website

24roxmysox3 wrote:

lol it depends on the type of people, am i right?  and, knowing us, we'd come up with quite a few characters...

well, like I said, from experience... it just fades out at some point, and I don't feel like starting one that I'll eventually have to finish up again. I got enough on my fingertips writing my own 24 novel, so...

but hey, if you guys wanna start one on your own, go ahead. no-one's gonna stop you smile

tony.jpg

#9 2008-10-19 03:02:38

ChloeFan817

I knew I heard my name somewhere.;)
Yeah the only problem is I cant come up with a decent storyline.
I know how its gonna be though,Tony is pretty much the main character and jack will be in it
but only as kind of an assist character for Tony like helping him out and stuff like the way
Tony did in S4.Michelle will be helping too and plan on doing a part where she gets in some
problems and has to protect herself on a kind of side story plot mission thingy.
If you have any suggestions I could use them or maybe someone can team up with me so
we can make a joint effort.That would be so awesome.:D

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#10 2008-10-19 10:56:13

J_A
Administrator
Website

thanks for the offer, but like I said, the role play time is past me. or I'm past it wink.

I can give you some advice on existing storylines but that's just about as far as I want to go, actually it's even further than I want to go. cause I'm keeping my own ideas for my own fics, and that work is more important to me, and I'm not going to dedicate myself to writing anything else at the moment. simply cause i know that if I do, then I can't do it half-heartedly, and that wouldn't be good. hope you can understand that smile

tony.jpg

#11 2008-10-21 03:02:02

ChloeFan817

Yeah I understand.I wouldnt get mad.
Well im gonna be thinking alot now to come up with a good storyline.
Ill watch a lot of tv and movies to see if I can come up with anything.

everleave.jpg
Messenger bags owe Jack Bauer for single-handedly stealing them from the clutches of emo fashion and making them genuinely cool.  Same thing with hoodies.  And crying.

If Jack Bauer,Solid Snake,Jill Valentine,and Master Chief were in a Deathmatch Jack would win.

#12 2008-10-21 10:52:14

J_A
Administrator
Website

speaking of which, i watched an ep of CSI last night, and they stole a storyline right out of Columbo. well, maybe both shows stole an idea from an existing case, I dunno, but in any case, it was so funny. it started like, the very same way, and within like a minute of the show I knew what the solution to the crime would be! hehehe. big_smile

tony.jpg

#13 2008-10-26 15:44:09

24roxmysox3

lol what ep. is it because i watch CSI almost every night when i get home from v-ball...i'd probebly know it, but i don't know what Columbo is!!!!! lol

#14 2008-10-27 21:46:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

you young ones need an education in the Classics. I keep noticing you have no idea who the foundations of rock n roll are, and now there are holes in your TV education too. lol.

here. this is Inspector Columbo. Peter Falk is legendary.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6019706/Columbo-Complete-Season-1-8/Product.html

the ep in question has to do with a hypnosis and a girl jumping off the balcony in her bikini and consequently, jumping to her death, because she was convinced she was going for a swim, as has been planted in her subconscious by her hypnosis "doctor". the columbo ep started with a girl diving off the balcony to her death, and so did the CSI ep. and I knew that instant that it would have something to do with hypnosis. and hence also the WHODDONIT wink

tony.jpg

Board footer