You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-25 13:08:18

J_A
Administrator
Website

Joe the Plumber open to 2010 run for Congress

(CNN)Posted: 11:00 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Could Joe the Plumber become Joe the congressman?

Joe Wurzelbacher, the most famous plumber in America thanks to John McCain and Sarah Palin, told conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham Friday he's considering a run for Congress in 2010.

That would pit Wurzelbacher against longtime Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur for Ohio's 9th district on the state’s northern border, which includes Toledo and Sandusky. "I'll tell you what, we'd definitely be in one heck of a fight, Marcy Kaptur definitely has a following in this area," he said of the possibility. "But, you know, I'd be up for it."

Wurzelbacher's chances would likely be slim. Kaptur has served in the district for 25 years, and remains a popular figure there. She won reelection in 2006 with nearly 75 percent of the vote and is expected to easily sail through another reelection this year.

But Wurzelbacher, who gained fame after he challenged Barack Obama on his tax plan earlier this month, has attained a certain rock-star status in the Republican Party and his entrance into the race would likely be greeted with instant excitement and media coverage.

Ingraham herself said she would immediately volunteer for his campaign and help him with campaign advertising and PR. Meanwhile, the National Republican Congressional Committee said they would welcome Wurzelbacher's candidacy with "open arms.”

"We support Joe the Plumber and people like him everyday with our support for lower taxes and energy independence," NRCC spokesman Ken Spain said.

But a spokesman for Kaptur told CNN Wurzelbacher is already off on the wrong foot.

"We just had another big layoff at the jeep plant, another 800 workers," Kaptur spokesman Steve Fought said. "So embracing Bush-McCain economics is kind of a strange way to launch your campaign. I'd have to question that strategy"

Wurzelbacher's comments come a week after a group of college Republicans launched a Web site with the hope of drafting him for a congressional run.

“Washington, DC is broken and it needs to be fixed. Joe Wurzelbacher has a real-world perspective and the right attitude to clean up the mess on Capitol Hill,” says the group’s Web site, which carries the slogan, “Plunge the crap out of Washington.”

I dunno about you guys, but the beginning of that last paragraph had a resonance in my head that yelled, "Jack Bauer!" lol

sound off. what do you think? wink

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2008-10-26 15:49:19

24roxmysox3

Re: Joe the Plumber open to 2010 run for Congress

lol you're right!!!!! i got to that last paragraph and i'm like, "that sounds somewhat familiar..." lol!!!! thats to funny...

Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you... as long as I don't have to cook.

Tony Almeida: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook I will take you with me anywhere

#3 2008-10-27 00:21:33

J_A
Administrator
Website

24roxmysox3 wrote:

lol you're right!!!!! i got to that last paragraph and i'm like, "that sounds somewhat familiar..." lol!!!! thats to funny...

that's probably what happens in the brains of 24 addicts. there comes a point when all you do, hear, say or smell, just has that distinct taste of 24 to it. roll lol

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2008-10-27 11:49:43

Steveb

That's fantastic.

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

#5 2008-10-27 12:38:32

J_A
Administrator
Website

Steveb wrote:

That's fantastic.

which part, steve wink? the one about Joe or the 24 addict's brainworks? big_smile

tony.jpg

Board footer