24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-13 17:00:44

J_A
Administrator
Website

7x03 / 7xE04 - 10AM-12PM

ok, so I've seen these and by almeida, I love them. the Brotherhood between jack and tony is so strong, and I'm really liking the way everything is done so far. I have not been able to get down from the 24's back high yet, so I haven't done much but transcribing scenes word-by-word, and I do want to share one or two of them. I will post the transcript in the next post so that you can decide whether you wanna read it (yet) or not.

Damn, I love the dialogue. the writing is finally very good again. a joy to listen to and watch.
Dialogue-wise, I really think this season is much stronger. It really is worth knowing this stuff by heart big_smile hehe. can you see the ol' addict is back in play? wink.

it was sooooo good to see jack and tony back in action like the brothers in arms that they are. jack's breaking tony out of the FBI HQ, with Chloe running tactical, and not to mention the two Chloes (janice and chloe) working against each other in real-time. getting them into the same office would certainly be fun! lol

needless to say, David Emerson asking Tony to kill Jack would have failed misearably... so I'm glad Jack solved the situation on his own. though I do wonder if Tony might have considered putting the mission first for once... and yet, it just isn't in his character.. I don't think he could have done it. unless of course... (I'm rambling again, aren't I?) the writers are throwing us a bone here, and WILL come back with that same situation later on... where tony WILL have a gun on jack, and jack will be forced to shoot first. well....

still, so far. solid episodes, very good in fact. going back to the roots in many ways, and very enjoyable to watch. though predictable. so far at least. or maybe I (we?) are just of the kind that "watched too much 24" , so no surprises are possible anymore wink.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2009-01-13 17:02:38

J_A
Administrator
Website

Re: 7x03 / 7xE04 - 10AM-12PM

Jack has convinced Larry he can get them the information he needs and is now allowed to walk into the interrogation / holding room where Tony is. That being said, I LOVED the moments before that, where Tony is just staring - without blinking - at the one-way window through which Jack is looking at him.

"Give us the room. [Jack waits for Sec guard to leave. then starts talking to tony] I watched you die in my arms. You wanna explain to me how you're still alive?..... Hmm.. Didn't think so.... Why don't I tell you what I know. I know that you're working for the Juma regime. The White House just got their demands, and you have to know that I will never let that happen.... So why don't you save yourself some time... and some pain. And tell me where the CIP device is."

"I can't tell you that, Jack."

"Dammit, Tony, you are not just facing charges for domestic terrorism, you are gonna face international charges for aiding and abetting a genocide! They will give you the death penalty!.. Come on, just work with me on this. I can help you cut a deal, I can maybe even get you immunity -"

"You're wasting your breath, Jack. If I were you, I would tell the President to withdraw those troops, because Dubaku is serious. He's ready to take thousands of American lives unless his demands are met."

"Why the hell are you doing this?"

"Juma wanted the CIP module and he was willing to pay for it."

[looks at tony, totally disenchanted, leans back in the chair] "I don't believe you."

"Come on Jack, don't act so surprised. Money is the only reason I have left for doing anything. The government took care of that."

"The government didn't kill Michelle! Charles Logan did!"

"Charles Logan is a product of his environment. The government poisons everyhing in its path! .... But you know that better than me, Jack. Look what they did to you."

"Dammit, Tony, we are not talking about ME!"

"Oh, we're not?... You are asking me why I'm doing this, I could ask you the same question. Here you are working for the same people who wanna put you in prison. the same people who killed everything you love and left you with nothing. Your daughter wants nothing to do with you, Teri is dead- "

"Shut up."

"Audrey Raines migh-"

"I SAID, SHUT UP!"

"NO, JACK, NO! YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS! YOU NEED TO START LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD BECAUSE EVERY SECOND YOU HELP THE GOVERNMENT YOU'RE SPITTIN' ON TERI'S GRAVE!"
[Jack shoves the table out of the way]
"GET UP! "

[pushes tony out of the chair and into the wall and starts strangling him with one hand]

"He's losing it."

"Hold on, hold on."

"TELL ME WHERE THE DEVICE IS! So help me God I will kill you and you will stay dead this time!"..... [Tony resists. Jack pushes harder]"This is your last chance.... Where is it? WHERE IS IT?"

[Tony finally looks like he's gonna break] "Deep Sky."

"What did you just say?"

"Son of a bitch."

"Give him a few more seconds."

"A few more seconds and he'll be dead!"

"Deep Sky."

[Larry bursts into the room] Jack, let him go!

[Jack does, Tony falls to the ground]

"Get him out of here! Get him outta here! NOW! I need a medic in here. To check him out."

The scene is definitely one of my top 3 scenes so far. the others being (in no particular order) Jack's testimony at the Senate hearing and tony's actual explaining to jack what really happened. at the "CTU - or what's left of it." (both of which I have already transcribed or am about to do).

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#3 2009-01-16 23:40:38

Rexy

Oh my God have just watched the first four episodes of 24 (I know I am not a true fan for waiting so long but was very busy!). Am on a total high and probably talking gibberish like an earlier contiributor but wow! I love all the cool one liners Jack has been given e.g. this is gonna hurt, also totally loving the storyline, it seems very well thought out and not one that will end before the season ends, a bit like season one. Also, the scenes between Jack and Tony are some of the best on TV. Although some themes are being revisited they are doing it in a different way. It was great that Jack took the initiative and stopped Tony from having to kill him ( I was thinking maybe the gun was empty like when Jack shot Chase in front of the Salazars). After all, what is the point of watching 24 if you can't cheer or shout "drink" when a classic line is issued? Some of my favourites so far are "you're running out of time", "you don't have a choice", "do it" and by far the best "you're making a mistake"

Personally being a Jack fan, I would have liked a bit more action from Jack, but I guess you Tony addicts have to make up on lost time from Season 6! I am sooooooooooo glad Tony is not really bad, although all the clues where there like Jack saying his actions didn't make sense, we all know Jack is always right after all! Also, unlike other people I quite like this president, I think we are going back to the days of Palmer (the first!) a good president we could believe in, rather than an evil president which I totally enjoyed at the time but can't be repeated or an insipid president (Wayne Palmer, what were the writers thinking?) I am hoping she will be a character I can get behind and support like David Palmer.

I totally agree with another contributor who said the suspected mole turning out just to be worried about his wife was very suspicious, what better way to test the water, I'm definately going to watch him!

Finally, I am surprised no one has commented on the chemistry between Jack and Renee. I thought that in the first two episodes there was quite a bit of chemistry when they were on screen together although obviously now Jack has created a bit of a barrier (what's new there?) I hope it will be built on in later episodes because I was never a fan of Audrey's and I want poor old Jack to find a bit of happiness!

I feel a little apprehensive about the future because I know that Kim appears, but all in all what a fantastic start to the season, Tony and Jack at their best. Finally, Jack has thrown his nasty mac in a bin, yippee and Chloe and Bill are back doing what they do best (that FBI lady has no idea what she is up against)

To quote Kim at her best, "Bring it on!"

P.S. I know I am being pedantic, but if you are a writer and you put scars on a character, think about it and remember you are going to have to do that every day for that character, and you cannot just "forget" about them in the next season, grrrr!

Last edited by Rexy (2009-01-16 23:53:00)

#4 2009-01-17 11:31:21

J_A
Administrator
Website

I agree with you, if you go and read my contributions on almeidaisgod.com and on our site here, you'll see my thoughts. i don't agree that jack isn't getting action - he is, but it's with tony, like it should be. frankly, i've been bored with just jack these past couple of seasons, so yeah - i am ecstatic to see him being brothers with tony again and working together.

ias for jack and tony's relationship - which i am so happy is the center of the seaon so far - i am sure there will be more than one bump in the road for them, they'll be tested. but rather than just seeing the only way for them to be UP and for them to go back to being the best of friends, I am actually also seeing the possibility of them expecting the other to still be the same person when they're not. and this greyness between them really opens up so many possibilities... so many in fact that I could even see them ending season seven not like brothers but as people on the opposite sides of the spectrum. and then for season eight to be them REALLY going up against each other, and finally, dying together. OR somehow managing to work things out.

anyway, i'm glad that the same writers who felt that "there was nowhere to go with tony's character" so many times that they killed him on the page at least four or five times - and then brought him back, and the same writers who then really killed him and got lucky enough to be able to explain things away now - are doing such a good job with him and with jack and with the season overall. i hope it lasts. smile

btw, I don't know what character you mean there. did you mean renée walker?

tony.jpg

#5 2009-01-18 21:02:05

Rexy

Oh, interesting idea for the Jack and Tony relationship, I like that! The FBI lady I was talking about was the one with dark hair and glasses who seems to have the same job as Chloe but for the FBI. I think her name is Janis.

Last edited by Rexy (2009-01-18 22:49:49)

#6 2009-02-02 14:14:55

Steveb

Again just going to write my good points and bad points.

Good points:

-The interrogation scene. Amazing. Very possibly a contender for Best. Scene. Ever.
-Bill and Chloe are back.
- Jack and Tony going undercover, really not were I was expecting the story to go, but it has great potential.

Bad points:

-They're all really niggling points so I see no need to mention them :-)

"The water is unpalatable, to improve the taste we added Whiskey. By diligent effort I learned to like it." Winston Churchill

Board footer