24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-05 23:52:57

J_A
Administrator
Website

Actors with multiple roles on "24"

ok.... so i am and was irritated at the recasting of michael brian french as a Senior SS Agent whose name is not the same as it was in s1, simply because it would have been very easy for this actor to play the exactly same role that he played back in season 1, and would have added some credibility and history into the mix (he would have KNOWN jack bauer and aaron pierce!). I don't personally mind actors with anonymous or irrelevant roles being recast as someone else later, but in the case of agent simes and hoaves I did mind for the above mentioned reasons and because jack or aaron would have remembered the guy's face... how do you just take the same actor that had interaction with the main characters and then give him a different part? suddenly, the seasons have nothing to do with each other because the roles were so small that we (and jack) are supposed to not know it? not remember it? forget about it?

i also didn't exactly like general juma being played by a guy we've gotten to know as detective norris in s3, but because the actor's so good, i was turning a blind eye. but it appears that 24 (yes, i know, a LOT of other shows do too), has been doing this for years and most of these things I haven't even noticed. so here's a list of actors with multiple stunts on the show. see, the reason i mind it on THIS show as opposed to maybe other episodic shows is that there is a continuity in this fictional world that is 24, and the credibility and balance seem disturbed when i have to put my previous memories of a character aside in order to accept him as a new character in a later season... hell, does this mean that they could recast xander or sarah as someone else? wink

anyway, without further ado:

http://24.wikia.com/wiki/Performers_with_multiple_roles

check it out. it's much longer than I'd ever expected it to be.

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

Board footer