24fans.com Forums

international fansite dedicated to the TV show '24'

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-02 14:39:17

J_A
Administrator
Website

The Rewatch!

This thread is to discuss the rewatch as we go along. Depending on how the discussions go, maybe each season will get its own thread or maybe not.

Anyway, next week, i.e. june 4th to 10th, dust your 24 DVD collection and watch the first disc - eps 1 to 4 - then get back here to discuss it. I know I will big_smile

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#2 2007-06-02 19:40:50

24nut
Website

Re: The Rewatch!

cool, gives me something to do! june 4th - June 10th, got it.

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#3 2007-06-02 20:25:31

J_A
Administrator
Website

very good big_smile

there's also another thread on the rewatch in the announcements section. the entire schedule is up there.

thread: http://www.24fans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1001#p1001

schedule http://24fans.com/images/rewatch.jpg

tony.jpg

"Yeah, I didn't wanna believe Tony Almeida was a terrorist either, but at some point we just have to deal with the facts. Not with what we want to believe is true."

You need to start living in the real world! Because every second you help the government you're spittin' on Teri's grave!

#4 2007-06-02 22:28:25

smitten

It would be good (in my opinion) to discuss the rewatch in a folder where we can discuss up to season 6. Sometimes it's nice to compare what happens, in the light of what happens much later. Do other people agree?

#5 2007-06-02 22:54:50

J_A
Administrator
Website

sorry, i have to disagree. it makes no sense to me to move a thread that will be about season 1 to the season 6 section because people who haven't seen season 6 will not venture to that section and thus won't even know about the rewatch and - provided there are people who want to talk about the earlier seasons - it may hurt the discussions.

that being said, you're welcome to open up a thread on anything you want to compare between the early seasons and season six in the appropriate section but the idea of the rewatch for me is to go back to the old times and watch and discuss them and not the current season. besides, you can always hint to something in the earlier seasons in a season 6 thread.

frankly, and that's my personal opinion, i don't even want to think about season 5 or 6 while watching season 1 wink. I'm not saying that we can't hint to anything in the later seasons in this thread, but I do want to keep it in this section rather than in the season 6 one. for me, really, watching these eps again will mean talking about *them*. season 6 has just finished and it's not like I got any nostalgia for that wink. again, my personal opinion wink.

the rewatch discussions have usually focused on the season under watch (literally).  each season gets its share of thoughts and discussions again, that's the point for me. that's why we're watching all seasons.

actually, the spoiler issue is one thing i'm not clear about. the way I thought of this was that we keep the discussions to the actual season under watch - so there would be no spoilers and hence no issues. your question now, smitten, means a re-evaluation of this question.

tony.jpg

#6 2007-06-03 07:07:49

Sam Smith

Damn. I need to get season 4 finished ASAP then!

presidentoj5.jpg

#7 2007-06-03 16:57:45

smitten

jack_addict wrote:

sorry, i have to disagree. it makes no sense to me to move a thread that will be about season 1 to the season 6 section because people who haven't seen season 6 will not venture to that section and thus won't even know about the rewatch and - provided there are people who want to talk about the earlier seasons - it may hurt the discussions.

Yes, I can see your point, Jack Addict. I'll tell you what I was thinking. When I recently rewatched season 1 (sorry, I'm that sad, I couldn't wait) I noticed one of the actors in the Drazen crew makes a reappearance in season six in that scene where *******************. Or at least I think it's him. So I thought, that's interesting I wonder if anyone else noticed that? But of course, that would be a spoiler here.

But maybe you're right and we should keep the discussion limited to that season. Or, as you say, I can add a thread under season 6.

#8 2007-06-03 17:07:15

J_A
Administrator
Website

depending on how the discussions go I'm thinking of doing one of two things.

either

keep this one existing thread destined to The Rewatch - and it just keeps going (that's if we don't have too much to say wink and we discuss everything UP to the point that we've seen in the Rewatch (that is, if we're at, say 3x20, all eps from 1x1 to 3x20 can be included)

or

open a new thread for each rewatched season, although frankly, the first option seems better to me, otherwise people might think that they can ONLY discuss, say, season 2 but not season 1 anymore, which won't be the case

what do you guys think?

tony.jpg

#9 2007-06-04 16:43:03

24nut
Website

i think one thread for all seasons, but can we make that thread rather than use this one, as this has been used to set it up. What do you think?

"Please, as someone who was once your friend, let me die in peace" - Jack Bauer [Season 7]

#10 2007-06-04 17:49:05

J_A
Administrator
Website

ok after a discussion amongst the members of the mod team, the best idea seems to be to actually make one thread for each season for starters. the main reasons being to keep confusion to a minimum and allow people to discuss a certain season even if they're not exactly watching on schedule. this seems reasonable enough. also, if there is a large amount of posts, we could cut up the threads into chunks. so for now, I suppose I'll have to open yet another thread that will only deal with season 1 for the time being. I say we give it a try and we can always change things if this current decision doesn't turn out to have been the right call smile

tony.jpg

Board footer